• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Twin cylinder tourer

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
RE twins are affordable!
Honda I am yet to experience.
Benelli, my friend has it. I can take it any time :p
Kawasaki Versys can be the one, but the price tag
Honda has most refined engine.
R.e has good community.

Benalli & Kawa aren't worth untill u r really into bike collection & earn through it .

Go & test hondo cb 350 &500

sidp

TF Ace
Inaugural post!
What are the twin-cylinder tourers available in India?
What's your intended use? And how much you are planning to spend while buying and using the bike? Height? Build?

for 99%, Undoubtedly the best option is interceptor. Great engine. Cheap & easily sourced parts, some parts seems cheap, but can be replaced with better parts, extensive service nw, many small mechanic can solve most of the problems. But I wouldn't recommend meteor 650. Gc is v less. Plus the exhaust and foot peg positioning makes lean angle even lesser. Suspension travel is a joke. Interceptor is too soft. But at least you can put denser fork oil.

Little off road no problem. It had 1 great flaw, which re rectified last Yr. Tubeless tire. Now it comes with led which many like. But during fog, halogens are much much better.

KTM adventure 390 is good. But little light for highway. But good in semi bad roads.

If you can raise your price honda cb 500x Is a great option. Honda charges premium while buying but maintenence is super cheap. Africa twins/cbr650f maintenence is lower than r3/ninja 300.

I wouldn't recommend benelli. Parts are horribly priced. Their business model is such that, it will always be higher. Unless you have trusted superbike mechanic and can source oem products feom china/hk/Thailand. Stay away.

Same is with kawasaki. Versys is exponentially priced for a tourer. Its not even adv. Bikes are great but kawasaki india is very bad. One guy I know, whose zx10r was in running condition, but there was some issue. He left the bike at service center, it took them around a year to return the bike. Which is unacceptable feom any brand especially one who has operated in india for decades.

Suzuki Vstrom 650 is a very good bike. Little expensive but a proper offroader. Reliable and not too expensive to maintain. But doesn't look good

So to summarize
1. Best option: interceptor
2- something Little premium- cb 500x
3. Proper offroad- vstrom 650

Extra tips: 1. If you have an experienced person to help you, you can look at 2nd hand honda cbr650f. Gc is low. Still will handle most roads. But you shouldn't take it offroad and destroy that beautiful bend pipes.
extremely reliable. Buzzy around 5k/6k rpm I think( I had my friend's for sometime). Extremely cheap to maintain. Similar to re or KTM, may be little more but no where near any super bike.
2. Take a test drive of new Himalayan. Then decide anything. You might save a lot of money and still be happy.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
What's your intended use? And how much you are planning to spend while buying and using the bike? Height? Build?

for 99%, Undoubtedly thr best option is interceptor. Great engine. Cheap & easily sourced parts, some parts seems cheap, but can be replaced with better parts, extensive service nw, many small mechanic can solve most of the problems. But I wouldn't recommend meteor 650. Gc is v less. Plus the exhaust and foot peg positioning makes lean angle even less. Suspension travel is a joke. Interceptor is too soft. But at least you can put denser fork oil.

Little off road no problem. It had 1 great flaw, which re rectified last Yr. Tubeless tire. Now it comes with led which many like. But during fog, halogens are much much better.

If you can raise your price honda cb 500x Is a great option. Honda charges premium while buying but maintenence is super cheap. Africa twins/cbr650f maintenence is lower than r3/ninja 300.

I wouldn't recommend benelli. Parts are horribly priced. Their business model is such that, it will always be higher. Unless you have trusted superbike mechanic and can source oem products feom china/hk/Thailand. Stay away.

Same is with kawasaki. Versys is exponentially priced for a tourer. Its not even adv. Bikes are great but kawasaki india is very bad. One guy I know, whose zx10r was in running condition, but there was some issue. He left the bike at service center, it took them around a year to return the bike. Which is unacceptable feom any brand especially one who has operated in india for decades.

Suzuki Vstrom 650 is a very good bike. Little expensive but a proper offroader. Reliable and not too expensive to maintain. But doesn't look good

So to summarize

Extra tips: 1. If you have an experienced person to help you, you can look at 2nd hand honda cbr650f. Gc is low. Still will handle most roads. But you shouldn't take it offroad and destroy that beautiful bend pipes.
extremely reliable. Buzzy around 5k/6k rpm I think( I had my friend's for sometime). Extremely cheap to maintain. Similar to re or KTM, may be little more but no where any super bike.
2. Take a test drive of new Himalayan. Then decide anything. You might save a lot of money and still be happy.
I will read later ..
Kudos for writing long 😍

for 99%, Undoubtedly the best option is interceptor. Great engine. Cheap & easily sourced parts, some parts seems cheap, but can be replaced with better parts, extensive service nw, many small mechanic can solve most of the problems. But I wouldn't recommend meteor 650. Gc is v less. Plus the exhaust and foot peg positioning makes lean angle even lesser. Suspension travel is a joke. Interceptor is too soft. But at least you can put denser fork oil.

KTM adventure 390 is good. But little light for highway. But good in semi bad roads.

So to summarize

extremely reliable. Buzzy around 5k/6k rpm I think( I had my friend's for sometime). Extremely cheap to maintain. Similar to re or KTM, may be little more but no where near any super bike.
Purpose - Touring.

Thank you for the details, will be helpful.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge

So to summarize

I like interceptor look & it looks fancy for college students like me 🙃 .
But the posture of bike riding is something I won't recommend for long tourer.

Cb 500 or 650 looks like royal seats .
Much more like bmw Super tourer kinda bikes

If u add Automatic cruise control..its just keep going when u sipping energy drinks

sidp

TF Ace
I like interceptor look & it looks fancy for college students like me 🙃 .
But the posture of bike riding is something I won't recommend for long tourer.
Interceptor posture is spot on. RE is very good in that department. At best you need handle bar raiser.

It's problem is bad seats, which is narrow & too soft. So can be problem in bad roads or if you plan to ride >250km/day. But it can be upgraded in 5-7k.