• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Unable to get Axis Magnus

leadish90

TF Buzz
Hello everyone,

Based on my research and requirements, I decided to avail Axis Magnus credit card.

My details
  • CIBIL > 800
  • Current Credit cards - 8, including Flipkart Axis which has a limit of 62K
  • I don't have any account with Axis
Attempt #1
I visited the online portal and filled in the application. I received a call from Axis that they will send someone for KYC and document collection. A person visited my place , and I shared my previous month credit card statement. The card was HDFC Diners Privilege and it has limit of ~9 lacs. The spend in the statement was ~65K. This is not a new card and I have been holding it for some time now. In a couple of days I receive a message that my card has been declined as it does not meet the Bank’s internal Policy norms.

Attempt #2
Within 1 week, I visited Axis branch directly. One person from Axis visited my place. This time I shared salary slips (which exceeds the salary requirements). I was told that this is the best way to apply as the probability for approval is Salary slips > ITR details > C2C. In a couple of days I received the same message that that my card has been declined as it does not meet the Bank’s internal Policy norms.

I fail to understand why the application is being declined. Could someone please shed some light on what might be wrong and what else can I do to get Axis Magnus?

Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone,

Based on my research and requirements, I decided to avail Axis Magnus credit card.

My details
  • CIBIL > 800
  • Current Credit cards - 8, including Flipkart Axis which has a limit of 62K
  • I don't have any account with Axis
Attempt #1
I visited the online portal and filled in the application. I received a call from Axis that they will send someone for KYC and document collection. A person visited my place , and I shared my previous month credit card statement. The card was HDFC Diners Privilege and it has limit of ~9 lacs. The spend in the statement was ~65K. This is not a new card and I have been holding it for some time now. In a couple of days I receive a message that my card has been declined as it does not meet the Bank’s internal Policy norms.

Attempt #2
Within 1 week, I visited Axis branch directly. One person from Axis visited my place. This time I shared salary slips (which exceeds the salary requirements). I was told that this is the best way to apply as the probability for approval is Salary slips > ITR details > C2C. In a couple of days I received the same message that that my card has been declined as it does not meet the Bank’s internal Policy norms.

I fail to understand why the application is being declined. Could someone please shed some light on what might be wrong and what else can I do to get Axis Magnus?

Thanks in advance!
This is how Axis functions, with no logic or consistency in their approach. I have been rejected 8 times. 🤣 Perhaps @Alwàys_Bélîevé_Yøursélf🎯 can assist you better with your application this time.

haha, did you finally get the card in the 9th attempt?:ROFLMAO:
How did you know there was a 9th attempt? Are you stalking me? 😂

Anyway, I finally managed to get a card on my 7th attempt, but it was a card I never wanted (Magnus). What I really want is the Airtel Axis Card. I made two recent attempts again, one for Airtel and another for the IOCL card, which is being offered as a lifetime free card. As usual, both attempts failed. However, I was able to secure the Magnus card with the help of Vimal. I got it out of sheer frustration after facing repeated rejections. I thought it would be easier to get these entry-level cards. 😂

Anyway, I finally managed to get a card on my 7th attempt, but it was a card I never wanted (Magnus). What I really want is the Airtel Axis Card. I made two recent attempts again, one for Airtel and another for the IOCL card, which is being offered as a lifetime free card. As usual, both attempts failed. However, I was able to secure the Magnus card with the help of Vimal. I got it out of sheer frustration after facing repeated rejections. I thought it would be easier to get these entry-level cards. 😂
Same case with me. My Magnus, Vistara Signature and samsung infinite were approved in first time. But MyZone, Airtel Axis were always rejected. One exception is Ace which was approved within first attempt and that was my first Axis card

Same case with me. My Magnus, Vistara Signature and samsung infinite were approved in first time. But MyZone, Airtel Axis were always rejected. One exception is Ace which was approved within first attempt and that was my first Axis card
I actually understand the logic behind that very well now. They want us to use their premium cards and strive for the milestones, which in turn encourages us to engage in manufactured spending. 😂 On the other hand, with an entry-level card, you will only spend according to your needs. 🤣

Damn, I don't know if I would have had the patience or strength to re-attempt after three rejections from the same bank. The fact that you made it on your 7th attempt deserves some kind of award. It's impressive, especially considering I read about someone who couldn't succeed even after their 10th attempt for Magnus in the TF Neo section. The grind is real!

I m also facing the same issue. Got my application rejected without any reason. Mailed Axis Bank and I was provided same reply “ Internal Policy”. Talked to one of my friend in Axis and came to know that Unmasked aadhaar was uploaded by Axis Bank Executive while applying for Axis Magnus and it caused rejection. Wrote PNO many times after denying several times they finally accepted mistake and asked me to re-apply. In second attempt , application was also rejected. Reason : Duplicate Application.
Now Axis saying applying after 6months. Finally filed complaint with RBI Ombudsman.
Now waiting response from their end.

I m also facing the same issue. Got my application rejected without any reason. Mailed Axis Bank and I was provided same reply “ Internal Policy”. Talked to one of my friend in Axis and came to know that Unmasked aadhaar was uploaded by Axis Bank Executive while applying for Axis Magnus and it caused rejection. Wrote PNO many times after denying several times they finally accepted mistake and asked me to re-apply. In second attempt , application was also rejected. Reason : Duplicate Application.
Now Axis saying applying after 6months. Finally filed complaint with RBI Ombudsman.
Now waiting response from their end.
Axis deals in Pathetic way..You have every right to ask bank about rejection through RBI channel.

Back