• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Unable to get IDFC First CC even with a limit of 6.4 lakh

techno065

TF Buzz
I am having savings account with IDFC First, which recently got upgraded to first select account.
I was offered First wow CC last year which I did not accept.
Again I applied but got the First wow cc offer which I denied.
Again after almost 8-9 months, I applied c2c but being offered First wow card only.
Don't know the reason.
I am having ICICI bank Coral(6.4 lakh), AU bank Zenith CC(6.4 lakh), lndusind legend 5 lakh and yes first exclusive 4 lakh, Axis 3 lakh.
CIBIL score : 784
Monthly salary 1 lakh.
Any specific reason for that ??

I am having savings account with IDFC First, which recently got upgraded to first select account.
Again after almost 8-9 months, I applied c2c but being offered First wow card only.
Don't know the reason.
I am having ICICI bank Coral(6.4 lakh), AU bank Zenith CC(6.4 lakh), lndusind legend 5 lakh and yes first exclusive 4 lakh, Axis 3 lakh.
Monthly salary 1 lakh.
May be your pincode not serviceable for idfc unsecured cards.

Don't know the reason.
Monthly salary 1 lakh.
Seems Exposure issue bro ! How old is your credit history ?

From what you’ve mentioned you already have a combined credit exposure of 24.8L against a salary of 12L PA, which is already 2X of your salary, so it seems you’re beyond IDFC’s risk threshold & over leveraged according to their algo .. reduce the credit exposure to 1.5X your salary & IDFC might approve you !

If you still want to be 100% sure, email IDFC asking them to disclose the exact reason for the decline failing which you can approach the ombudsman.

IDFC is conservative in approving cards when you have too many open loans or too much credit available to you compared to your income.

Seems Exposure issue bro ! How old is your credit history ?

From what you’ve mentioned you already have a combined credit exposure of 24.8L against a salary of 12L PA, which is already 2X of your salary, so it seems you’re beyond IDFC’s risk threshold & over leveraged according to their algo .. reduce the credit exposure to 1.5X your salary & IDFC might approve you !

If you still want to be 100% sure, email IDFC asking them to disclose the exact reason for the decline failing which you can approach the ombudsman.

IDFC is conservative in approving cards when you have too many open loans or too much credit available to you compared to your income.
5 yrs 11 Mo

5 yrs 11 Mo
I won’t suggest this, but you can try again by hiking your salary input & hope they don’t ask for income docs. Once again I personally won’t recommend this but I have read in a few places that people have got IDFC cards with this hack !

Don't know the reason.
Monthly salary 1 lakh.
Try with a different number, this mostly works if PIN is in serviceable area. Do note there will be another CIBIL hit

Back