• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Unable to register tap to pay gpay

Vicky99

TF Buzz
I am currently holding
1. Icici mmt
2. Icici amazon pay
3. Icici coral rupay
4. Idfc first classic
5. Niyo global cc
6. Bob premier rupay

I was only able to link icici amazon pay but icici mmt, coral rupay, idfc first classic, niyo global, bob premier rupay is not able to link to google pay tap to pay. Its shows error:

This card can't be set up to pay in shops

This feature isn't supported by your bank for this card yet. You can try adding another card for in-store use.

Is there a way to fix this or it doesn't support tap to pay via gpay or third-party apps.

Vicky99

TF Buzz
AFAIK Rupay CC's are not supported yet in TAP to Pay.
May i know which mobile make and model you use?
Ok if i exclude rupay may i know why au xcite visa , idfc classic visa, icici MakeMyTrip visa, sbm global visa credit card is not able to link on google pay. But using cred app i am able to link the cards .
Till now i am only able to link sbi debit card, icici amazon pay credit card, rbl shoprite card on google pay . I was trying to link all my cards at gpay but few shows that error .

Btw I am using vivo x80 pro.

varun__goel_

TF Legend
I am currently holding
1. Icici mmt
2. Icici amazon pay
3. Icici coral rupay
4. Idfc first classic
5. Niyo global cc
6. Bob premier rupay

I was only able to link icici amazon pay but icici mmt, coral rupay, idfc first classic, niyo global, bob premier rupay is not able to link to google pay tap to pay. Its shows error:

This card can't be set up to pay in shops

This feature isn't supported by your bank for this card yet. You can try adding another card for in-store use.

Is there a way to fix this or it doesn't support tap to pay via gpay or third-party apps.
Use cred or paytm, I guess they support more cards as compared to gpay. And if it is samsung then samsung pay/wallet is the one to go for

cardio_guy

TF Ace
What is this tap and pay? How does this work?
Is it like - In Google Pay, there is an option to add debit/credit cards. There we need to add the card details and then tap the phone to pay?

Infamous

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
What is this tap and pay? How does this work?
Is it like - In Google Pay, there is an option to add debit/credit cards. There we need to add the card details and then tap the phone to pay?
It's the same like tapping your card to pay, without entering the pin.
Tap n Pay works only on Android devices so far that have NFC feature enabled.