• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Unauthorised cibil , CKYCRR enquiry .

Channakya

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi , I have received a message now regarding C KYC enquiry from Suryoday small bank today. I have not authorised any details regarding this KYC .
What should I do?

This is the message I have received.

Dear CHANNAKYA, your CKYCRR record bearing reference 6007015393******* was fetched by Suryoday Small Finance Bank Lt on 03/07/2024.-CERSAI .

Should I report to RBI or the bank?

Provide me the details if anyone has received the same.

This would help me, thank you.

@TechnoFino .

Hi , I have received a message now regarding C KYC enquiry from Suryoday small bank today. I have not authorised any details regarding this KYC .
What should I do?

Dear CHANNAKYA, your CKYCRR record bearing reference 6007015393******* was fetched by Suryoday Small Finance Bank Lt on 03/07/2024.-CERSAI .

@TechnoFino .
Firstly bank, CKYC Registry
and then only RBI.

Most probably, CKYC Registry CC on phone call will ask you to contact bank, but better to shoot email at helpdesk@ckycindia.in when you will be asked like this.

Last edited:
What should I do?

@TechnoFino .
It might be a delayed msg have you did any type of kyc with this bank in last 60 days or availed any product of this bank?

But seems he hadn't applied for anything. Otherwise, he could have taken this into consideration before posting or could have stated as facts in his concern.

Don't you think so?
What should I do?

I don't think person has "null relationship" with the mentioned bank.

Banks or any institution, can fetch customer details whenever they want. There's no restrictions. As the RBI only requested to renew kyc time to time to prevent several scams. By fetching CKYC, it reduces cost for banks as ckyc will be updated whenever we apply for new products.

Ckyc will have only name, dob, address, photograph. CKYC inquiry doesn't cause anything.

I think he worried that ckyc enquiry is like cibil enquiry.

Banks or any institution, can fetch customer details whenever they want. There's no restrictions. As the RBI only requested to renew kyc time to time to prevent several scams. By fetching CKYC, it reduces cost for banks as ckyc will be updated whenever we apply for new products.

Ckyc will have only name, dob, address, photograph. CKYC inquiry doesn't cause anything.

Yes, I am well aware about these things.

But consent is must.

As per RBI & CKYCRR, "Before downloding CKYC record, banks are asked to take explicit consent from the customer for downloading
their CKYC record from CKYCRR, for the purpose of establishing A/c based relationship."

Might be he is worried for the same reason.

Last edited:
Yes, I am well aware about these things.

But before fetching CKYC, banks are asked to take explicit consent.

Might be he is worried for the same reason.
As of now fetching ckyc is a automatic process.

If it restricted to take consent everytime, banks need to intimate via mail, sms and even need to do call. Again it's burden for the bank's.

I think already few are requesting for the one time consent like NSDL KYC KRA, if we are opening online demat ac.

Might banks too mentioned under any clause about Periodic CKYC enquiry in TnC.

i have received the same type of message when i applied for bob cc in april . so , i am thinking that this will hit in my cibil.

i have received the same type of message when i applied for bob cc in april . so , i am thinking that this will hit in my cibil.
No way, it won't.

CIBIL enquiry was made as you have applied for CC and CKYC details was fetched so that they can have your information to onboard or for further processing.

CKYC objective is to just to comfort the customer (especially), further when CKYC record is downloaded, there's no need to share any details or documents for the purpose of your KYC.

Your data is stored with CKYCRR and entities registered with it can collect your data from it by taking your consent, without asking you to provide any details related to it.

so , there should not be any issue with cibil , right ?
if i check my score , after a month or two , this wont come up right .
What should I do?

@TechnoFino .

1) When you apply for any SB or CC products , financial institutions get and / or update your CKYC detials from the Central Registry (ie CERSAI).
2) This is to identify the customer ie. KYC purposes.
3) This will not result in any CIBIL enquiry.. THis is purely a KYC activity which is at a central location
4) Normally, there will be a clause in the application saying that you are giving excplicit permission to acces this CKYC register for the Fniancial institution.
5) WHen CKCY register was accessed / updated then the financial instituion/ CERSAI will inform the customer about that fact.
6) If your worry is about CIBIL.. then you dont need to worry. just forget about it..
7) If you want to know why Suryoday Small Finace Bank ltd accessed your CKYC details, then contact them directly.. they will tell you the reason.
Most likely you made some application ( SB or CC/ some other loan / other finaicial productetc) , directly / indirectly involving Suryoday.. did you make any kind of applicatin with regard to any financial product recently say in the past 3 or 4 weeks.? If yes, the answer lies there.

All the best..
Have fun..

1) When you apply for any SB or CC products , financial institutions get and / or update your CKYC detials from the Central Registry (ie CERSAI).
2) This is to identify the customer ie. KYC purposes.
3) This will not result in any CIBIL enquiry.. THis is purely a KYC activity which is at a central location
4) Normally, there will be a clause in the application saying that you are giving excplicit permission to acces this CKYC register for the Fniancial institution.
5) WHen CKCY register was accessed / updated then the financial instituion/ CERSAI will inform the customer about that fact.
6) If your worry is about CIBIL.. then you dont need to worry. just forget about it..
7) If you want to know why Suryoday Small Finace Bank ltd accessed your CKYC details, then contact them directly.. they will tell you the reason.
Most likely you made some application ( SB or CC/ some other loan / other finaicial productetc) , directly / indirectly involving Suryoday.. did you make any kind of applicatin with regard to any financial product recently say in the past 3 or 4 weeks.? If yes, the answer lies there.

All the best..
Have fun..
yes , i have done it . but not with suryoday bank.

Reactions: SSV
Back