• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

PayKaroAbhi

TF Premier
I got a sms regarding a CIBIL Enquiry by RBL Bank on 7/7/24 which was done without my knowledge or consent. I had asked them to remove the same as it's negatively impacting my credit profile, but they're saying that it's genuine and the query was made for a Shoprite Card application which is absolutely FAKE.

I had called their PNO desk too but they're not changing their decision and saying the same thing again and again.

I'm not applying for any card on my own as there are many enquiries already, Banks were rejecting my applications for that reason. Now this Fraud Bank is making enquiries without my consent and ruining my CIBIL. 🙄

Should I approach the RBI Ombudsman?

Usually sales executives do apply for CC but they often call first for any confirmation. If its not like that than Invoke RBI Ombudsman as you already approached to RBL Bank

Reach RBI ombusdman and they will know their place. Axis Bank did the same to me. Sales executives made 3 hard enquires within a month and I didn't get any notification from CIBIL too. Got to know only when my credit score went down by 20-30 pts. Took Axis bank for a ride and show them their place even without ombudsman. So either make Bank's manager life hell or reach RBI. Here I think, you don't even hold any connection with RBL so move to RBI.

For ICICI personal bombooing is effective. Who says, Sapphiro LTF is not possible? I got LTF Sapphiro (Dual Amex+Master Card) in 2020 after Millennia from HDFC. Deposited 37.5 Lakh (via transfer not cash) and within 3-4 days, Card was offered In A Flash with no paperwork. 5L limit and I took it. Also wealth banking activated without anything on my part which stay there for 18 months until balance was above 5L and later came back to Privilege acc.

After getting card, found out not much benefit for me except 6 RPs per 100 which then reduced to 4 with Amex. Used with good sums in first 2 years and wherever the ICICI 10% discount was available. After that it is getting used a few times only to keep active. Renewed card received few days back as had 4 yrs validity only. Now came with 7 years. RuPay UPI I took in Jan as Add-On to main Amex card with same LTF which is again useless.

For ICICI personal bombooing is effective. Who says, Sapphiro LTF is not possible? I got LTF Sapphiro (Dual Amex+Master Card) in 2020 after Millennia from HDFC. Deposited 37.5 Lakh (via transfer not cash) and within 3-4 days, Card was offered In A Flash with no paperwork. 5L limit and I took it. Also wealth banking activated without anything on my part which stay there for 18 months until balance was above 5L and later came back to Privilege acc.

After getting card, found out not much benefit for me except 6 RPs per 100 which then reduced to 4 with Amex. Used with good sums in first 2 years and wherever the ICICI 10% discount was available. After that it is getting used a few times only to keep active. Renewed card received few days back as had 4 yrs validity only. Now came with 7 years. RuPay UPI I took in Jan as Add-On to main Amex card with same LTF which is again useless.
Don't show HNI Power sir

:ROFLMAO: Not for here, Sir but HNI Powers are kept only for banks and stock market. The phrase, I will move my account is the most powerful tool in a bank with good acc. balance and FDs.
Hmm.

I meant not possible in general.

But nothing is impossible in banking.

@D₹V Sir, I have a query regarding IDFC wealth account. Today I went to nearest IDFC first branch to open account and asked them for Wealth Account but they said they can't open directly even with 10L initial funding as it is not feasible. But somehow Manager agreed to open Select account with 3L balance after I insist. In next few days after getting Select Welcome Kit, I will put 7.5L more so as to get Wealth upgrade. Bank suggested to keep balance for two to three months minimum but is there any way I can get upgraded before that like in 10-15 days or even 30 days will be okay. Yet to get a RM for my account. Will contact him once it gets allotted.

Any help will be appreciated. :)

@D₹V Sir, I have a query regarding IDFC wealth account. Today I went to nearest IDFC first branch to open account and asked them for Wealth Account but they said they can't open directly even with 10L initial funding as it is not feasible. But somehow Manager agreed to open Select account with 3L balance after I insist. In next few days after getting Select Welcome Kit, I will put 7.5L more so as to get Wealth upgrade. Bank suggested to keep balance for two to three months minimum but is there any way I can get upgraded before that like in 10-15 days or even 30 days will be okay. Yet to get a RM for my account. Will contact him once it gets allotted.

I'm no IDFC Expert, check IDFC threads.

@VISHESH_BANSAL @Chaitanya-a might know

I got a sms regarding a CIBIL Enquiry by RBL Bank on 7/7/24 which was done without my knowledge or consent. I had asked them to remove the same as it's negatively impacting my credit profile, but they're saying that it's genuine and the query was made for a Shoprite Card application which is absolutely FAKE.

I had called their PNO desk too but they're not changing their decision and saying the same thing again and again.

I'm not applying for any card on my own as there are many enquiries already, Banks were rejecting my applications for that reason. Now this Fraud Bank is making enquiries without my consent and ruining my CIBIL. 🙄

Should I approach the RBI Ombudsman?
Approach RBI, they will get on thier knees and remove your enquiry
I got my enquiry removed for bms play card which was rejected in the first step only without any valid reason by going to the RBI

I tried settling the case amicably as I'm a banker myself and don't want kalesh but these guys were giving mixed answers and thier attitude was lax, the entire fiasco over mail and calls took more than 2 months after which I took the decision to lodge a formal complain, also seeked compensation of 50k :P

Read T&C on the official website you should maintain at least 10L for wealth and 3L for select upgrade for 6 months, In my case my RM was not helping at all and I approached 2 non home branch one of them tried to sell me a policy but being a banker myself I was not going to fall into thier trap just for an account, I visited another branch who promptly took my consent over a SMS link and also said that she would be mailing my Cluster head for further approval as it was not my home branch (it was in different state), at the time of upgrade I had 3L + AMB for 1-2 months preceding to the date of upgrade

Also, if you open select you need to wait at least 3 months before your account can be upgraded to wealth (as informed by my new RM)

Read T&C on the official website you should maintain at least 10L for wealth and 3L for select upgrade for 6 months, In my case my RM was not helping at all and I approached 2 non home branch one of them tried to sell me a policy but being a banker myself I was not going to fall into thier trap just for an account, I visited another branch who promptly took my consent over a SMS link and also said that she would be mailing my Cluster head for further approval as it was not my home branch (it was in different state), at the time of upgrade I had 3L + AMB for 1-2 months preceding to the date of upgrade

Also, if you open select you need to wait at least 3 months before your account can be upgraded to wealth (as informed by my new RM)
I read TnC last week and understood every account variant they offer but here some people were saying they got it directly so asked the query.

As select directly opened today, ready to wait then for Wealth. :)

Back