• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Unauthorized Closure of My Credit Card

tempmirzaa

TF Select
I am writing to express my deep concern and dissatisfaction regarding the unauthorised closure of my credit card issued by Fi Money in collaboration with Federal Bank.

Allow me to share my experience:

On August 14th, I contacted Fi Money through their application to inquire about the process of closing my credit card. My query was limited to a single line in the chat: "How to close your card?" However, there was no response from any customer service representative, and I subsequently forgot about the inquiry.

On August 20th, at exactly 3:15 p.m., I received an SMS stating, "As per your request, we have closed your credit card." Alarmed by this message, I immediately called Fi Money customer care to clarify the situation. The representative assured me that my card was not closed and that it remained active.

However, on the same day at 7:00 p.m., I received another SMS and an email confirming the closure of my credit card ending in 6512, stating, "As per your request, your credit card has been closed." Shocked by this development, I immediately reached out to Fi Money's customer care via email and also sent direct messages on their social media platforms. Unfortunately, I received no response.

Every day since then, I have followed up with Fi Money's customer service, only to receive the same cut-and-paste responses, informing me that my card was closed as per my request. I want to make it clear that at no point did I request for my credit card to be closed, nor did I send any email or contact customer care to that effect.

I am deeply concerned about how my credit card was closed without my explicit consent or request. This incident has caused me significant distress and inconvenience, and I believe it reflects a serious lapse in the service provided by Fi Money in collaboration with Federal Bank.

Don't waste your time in futile exercises. Wait for 30 days from your first complaint by email and then complain to RBIO demanding a compensation of minimum 10K. If bank can't prove that you made a formal closure request RBIO will take adequate action against them.

Back