• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

UNION BANK RUPAY SELECT DEBIT CARD

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

eswaranadasu

TF Select
Heyy
I have been using union bank basic savings account for more than two years with UBI classic visa debit card
I want to upgrade to RUPAY SELECT DEBIT CARD
How do I do it ?
Is it possible to get this card
If not UBI Share your thoughts about how to get BOB RUPAY SELECT DEBIT CARD with less charges and less MAB bank account

And just to add, actually I was surprised by the whole process. The whole process took about 15 mins. They collected docs (which I had already confirmed on phone), and asked for some signatures on form. And, to my surprise (being a Govt. bank), they offered drinks with options, coffee, juice, etc. (although I politely declined).

Are branch visits really have gone this good (especially never thought with Govt. bank), as I probably visited one after years, never really had the need to do so. :cool:;)
You got plain lucky, ok. (In all fairness, BoB is a LOT better than other sarkari banks.)

After how many days of form submission they open the account?
Account opening is instant. You can request for preferred account number.

They also give u option of instant kit, i.e. Rupay Select DC without name, or you can ask it to be delivered with name (which will take about 1 week). Also you will get cheque book via post, in about 2 weeks time.

They also give u option of instant kit, i.e. Rupay Select DC without name, or you can ask it to be delivered with name (which will take about 1 week). Also you will get cheque book via post, in about 2 weeks time.
I was told to wait for two days as this particular account variant as per them doesn't open at the branch level,so they have to send the paper to higher level. Also no provision of instant kit, they will manually apply for the card, will get delivered after 12-15 days
In a nutshell, experience varies widely from branch to branch in case of psu banks

Here in Mumbai only SBHNI has Rupay Select that's what the branch guy told me around 6-8 months ago so maybe will open SBHNI account and then downgrade to basic account stating MAB issues....

They don't check if you are a professional or not.. Don't ask for any income proof or anything..

As for 10K funding, yes you would need to maintain that as AQB to avoid any non-maintenance charges.

W

What is the bin card of union select card?
Mine is showing 6525 06.

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Back