• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Unlocking Hidden Value: My Experience with BOB Eterna.

Vineet Kumar

TF Select
VIP Lounge
As a seasoned credit card user, I've always been on the lookout for cards that offer more than just flashy perks. And boy, did Eterna surprise me!

Over the past year, I've casually been earning and redeeming reward points with Eterna without giving it much thought. But recently, spurred by curiosity, I decided to crunch some numbers. To my amazement, I discovered that I had redeemed a staggering 97,584 reward points accumulated over the preceding 12 months until March 2024.

What's even more jaw-dropping is the real cash value I reaped from these points – a whopping Rs. 24,396! And here's the kicker: most of these points were earned incidentally, including a generous 30,000 points from joining and annual spend milestone benefits.

Now, let me set the record straight: Eterna wasn't my go-to card for major expenses. In the last year that honor typically went to heavyweights like Amex Platinum, ICICI Emeralde, and HDFC Diners Club Black (of course - Infinia being a late entrant). However, when I reflected on utility and rewards combined, Eterna emerged as the unsung hero of my wallet.

But the perks didn't stop at cashback. Eterna also came bundled with a FitPass membership, which I fully utilized for 3-4 glorious months in New Delhi. Picture this: mornings at the gym, evenings by the swimming pool, and weekends sparring in boxing classes – all thanks to the unlimited access granted by my FitPass.

And the cherry on top? I acquired Eterna as a Lifetime Free Card (LTF)! Who would've thought that a card often dismissed as 'not an Ace' could deliver such value?

So here's to Eterna – the card that proved me wrong and exceeded my expectations.

IndusInd Bank charges Rs 300 + GST.
nothing for pinnacle and above. I believe Legend also has free add-ons.

kotak, I think zen above its free (low cards might get fee). Other than that most of the banks won't charge. (*almost all banks*)

Not sure which cards you have (do share will update if any of them charges). Anycase, do refer your own card charges.

Does Eterna give 3.75% on loading of Amazon Pay Wallet? In that case, it might be a very good deal as even though there's a 2.36% charge you still make a net 1.4% profit. Once it's in Amazon Pay, you can use it to send money to individuals or non-registered business via UPI (in my case: tuition teachers, maids, dhobi, etc). Plus there's the sweet 1% reward on hitting the 5L milestone.

I don't think the best Rupay UPI card gives this sort of return so would be ideal if this was confirmed. Right now, I use the SC Ultimate for this (3.33%) but Eterna has less fees (+ easily met fee waiver), higher returns as well as sane redemption option (SC vouchers are not as useful)

nothing for pinnacle and above. I believe Legend also has free add-ons.

kotak, I think zen above its free (low cards might get fee). Other than that most of the banks won't charge. (*almost all banks*)

Not sure which cards you have (do share will update if any of them charges). Anycase, do refer your own card charges.
They charged on Celesta Addon cards.

Does anyone know how BoB calculates they annual spends? Which day is taken as cut-off for 1 year spends - card activation date or 12th billing cycle?

Does anyone know how BoB calculates they annual spends? Which day is taken as cut-off for 1 year spends - card activation date or 12th billing cycle?

f y i

Mobikwik wallet is not allowing wallet load with Bob Eterna. Its showing Transaction declined from bank end. Any experience ?
PZ allowed it. Didnt check Amazon pay. Will I get 15 RP per 100 spent on PZ load ?

f y i
Thanks. In case of new cards what is the date to calculate milestone spends?

BOB Eterna : International lounge access

Same as card approval date
So, it doesn't matter when you get the card. The date they hit CIBIL is the date for levying annual fee and to calculate milestone benefit! I am wondering whether HDFC uses the same since sometimes card application to delivery takes over a month as well!

So, it doesn't matter when you get the card. The date they hit CIBIL is the date for levying annual fee and to calculate milestone benefit! I am wondering whether HDFC uses the same since sometimes card application to delivery takes over a month as well!
No... in case of HDFC it is card approval date and not CIBIL hit date

Back