• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Unprecedented Speed: Standard Chartered Bank Sets New Record for Credit Card Approvals, Yet Some Endings Disappoint

credit_noob

TF Select
Hi everyone,

I recently applied for a Standard Chartered rewards credit card through an agent/employee, and it was a bit of an unusual experience. The agent applied for the card using a laptop, which I found strange as it was the first time I had seen someone apply in that manner.

Here's a timeline of the application process:

- 12:00 pm: Application filled out.
- 12:11 pm: EKYC completed with just Aadhar OTP authentication.
- 12:35 pm: VKYC completed, during which I was asked multiple questions about my income, position grade, addresses, and the product I applied for. It was the longest KYC process I have ever experienced.

I did not receive any notification confirming the success of the VKYC.

- 1:45 pm: I received a message saying that SMS banking had been successfully activated. I was unsure about what this meant.
- 2:29 pm: I received an email stating that my application had been approved and that the card would be dispatched soon. The email also included the terms and conditions in a PDF format.

Here are some additional details about my application:

- CIBIL Score: 801
- Last 3 months' enquiries: 5
- Last 15 days' enquiries: 2
- Number of new cards added to the report in the last 2 months: 3
- Highest credit limit: ₹3.2 lakh
- Account age: 7 years and 7 months

I was disappointed to discover that a single application resulted in two hard enquiries on my CIBIL report.

Last edited:
Well, that I have been doing with all banks since last five years. But I have always reported the true income. Firm's name is my institute's name only. Also, for the designation that I put in the forms (Research Assistant), I have official documents of my institute saying the XYZ amount of fellowship to be given to me for being a Research Assistant. 😅
according to scb, now you're employed and working in a firm with annual income.

Congratulations! You're no longer student.

Is it normal to get an email from SC saying your card has been activated without doing anything? This is written in the first email that I received intimating me about the application approval. The second mail I received from SC asks to activate the card. Attaching the screenshots below.

IMG_20240910_211513.webp

Screenshot_2024-09-10-18-12-14-229_com.google.android.gm.webp

Last edited:
Is it normal to get an email from SC saying your card has been activated without doing anything? This is written in the first email that I received intimating me about the application approval. The second mail I received from SC asks to activate the card. Attaching the screenshots below.

View attachment 68372View attachment 68373
While posting on public forums always hide card numbers

Back