• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Upgrade Offer on MRCC to Platinum Charge. What will happen to my Gold Charge Card if i upgrade

raulcasey

TF Buzz
Hi Technofino Community,

I already have an Amex MRCC and Gold Charge Card. Both these cards are roughly 5 months old. Today i received an offer from Amex asking me to upgrade from MRCC to Amex Platinum Charge with 1,15,000 MR Points. My question is if i accept the upgrade offer what is going to happen next

1. Amex closes MRCC and gives an upgraded Amex Platinum Charge Card
2. I get to keep my MRCC s and I get a new Platinum Charge Card

What will happen to Gold Charge as i have read that we can only keep 1 Charge Card active?

If you're upgrading to Platinum Charge either from MRCC or Gold Charge then your existing card will be closed (MRCC in this case). Other cards continue to exist as companion card. My suggestion would be to speak to amex customer service and insist on converting your MRCC into a companion card.

Hi Technofino Community,

I already have an Amex MRCC and Gold Charge Card. Both these cards are roughly 5 months old. Today i received an offer from Amex asking me to upgrade from MRCC to Amex Platinum Charge with 1,15,000 MR Points. My question is if i accept the upgrade offer what is going to happen next

1. Amex closes MRCC and gives an upgraded Amex Platinum Charge Card
2. I get to keep my MRCC s and I get a new Platinum Charge Card

What will happen to Gold Charge as i have read that we can only keep 1 Charge Card active?
So, did you accept the upgrade offer? Also, what were your spends like on the MRCC at the time?

I too have the gold charge and platinum charge card but when I called customer care they told me I can only keep one charge card it’s so confusing will they cancel it or let me keep it on renewal?

Back