• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Upgrade to platinum travel

Channakya

TF Buzz
Hi
I have got my first Amex card this January
it’s Mrcc card , few days back I have got the upgradation to platinum travel .

Please suggest me if I should upgrade or not .

My spends on mrcc:

Just to pay insurance on Amazon by purchasing the vouchers from gyftr ,
to achieve the monthly milestone . Which is 20k spends per month.

And MRCC is the paid card , and again to upgrade the card , should I pay the joining fee as it not been a year , I got the mrcc card .

Suggest to upgrade or not .

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
As an Amex Plat Travel holder of over 2 yrs ,let tell you the main selling point

Best use of this card is spend 4L in a year while maximizing use on Reward Mimultiplier,
But if you can't do that ,just use on Reward Mimultiplier as much as possible, Gyftr has gift Vouchers for everything ranging from Amazon, Flipkart, Zomato, Swiggy ,even Jewelers and pharmacies, so check it out

And Enjoy Taj and Marriot stays ,that's the best redemption on this card

Infamous

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Best use of this card is spend 4L in a year while maximizing use on Reward Mimultiplier,
But if you can't do that ,just use on Reward Mimultiplier as much as possible, Gyftr has gift Vouchers for everything ranging from Amazon, Flipkart, Zomato, Swiggy ,even Jewelers and pharmacies, so check it out
I agree with this, if you can spend 4L in an year, and making maximum spends through the Reward Multitplier then you can go for an upgrade. You can ask for some upgrade bonus in MR points as well.

cc_enthus

TF Neo
I dont think Platinum Travel is more rewarding than MRCC. With MRCC, you get 2000 points additionally per month if you spend 1500 four times(1000 points) + spend 20k in total(1000 points). You can redeem 24k or 18k collection, nothing is more rewarding than this. And if you spend 1.5 lac annually there will be no annual fee.

Infamous

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I dont think Platinum Travel is more rewarding than MRCC. With MRCC, you get 2000 points additionally per month if you spend 1500 four times(1000 points) + spend 20k in total(1000 points). You can redeem 24k or 18k collection, nothing is more rewarding than this. And if you spend 1.5 lac annually there will be no annual fee.

That adds upto about 28-29k MR points in an year at max 30k.
If you can spend 4L in an year, Platinum Travel will give you 48k points (58k in the first year).

You can find more about this on this thread: https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/amex-trifecta-optimal-usage-guide.2146/

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Thankyou guys for the suggestions . i have applied via reffral , and got first year free !!

By the way i have reffered my self .

Hope things go well but there have been cases where referring oneself can get a person banned by Amex!

As their policies state it is strictly against their policies.
1719238171698.png

Also, this was in the news,
1719238270526.png

Not recommended to others or for future cases.

ALOAK

TF Ace
Hi
I have got my first Amex card this January
it’s Mrcc card , few days back I have got the upgradation to platinum travel .

Please suggest me if I should upgrade or not .

My spends on mrcc:

Just to pay insurance on Amazon by purchasing the vouchers from gyftr ,
to achieve the monthly milestone . Which is 20k spends per month.

And MRCC is the paid card , and again to upgrade the card , should I pay the joining fee as it not been a year , I got the mrcc card .

Suggest to upgrade or not .
If your spend is upto 4l a year then you can upgrade it. You get 48k Mr on milestone plus 10k Taj voucher. If you go by referral first year free and u get 2k points too. If u want the link for referral I can share if u dm.