• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

UPI Credit Card Reward Rates Compilation

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Creating a compilation of reward rate of most UPI Cards available . Please collaborate and make it comprehensive
Card NameReward RateMin Spend Max RewardsCommentsUnique
HDFC Tata Neu Infinity1.5%Rs 33500 Neu coins
/month
Neu coins to be used via TATA NEU app and Westside & Croma.5% on Tata Brands, Utility.
Kotak Myntra1.25%Rs 2000NARewards only above 2000. Milestone benefit of 2 PVR tickets (250 each) on 50k QTR spend. Statement Credit.7.5% on Myntra. 5% on Preferred Merchants.
BOB SNAPDEAL1%Rs. 100125Statement CreditGives 2.5% upto Rs.833 on all Online Txns and Offline Grocery and Departmental Store Txns
AU Spont1%Rs 20500Small txn size is USP. Rail Lounge.
AU Ixigo 1%Rs 200Lounge Access
HDFC Tata Neu Plus1.0%Rs 33500 Neu coins
/month
Neu coins to be used via TATA NEU app and Westside & Croma.
HDFC IRCTC1.0%Rs 10NA?500 GV on 30k per qtr. Normal CashPoint to be used on SmartBuy Train booking.Milestone
Paytm SBI card1.0%Rs 100NA
Axis Kiwi1.0%Rs 501% of CLCan be redeemed in bank account.LTF
SBI IRCTC0.8%Rs 100NAUse for train booking on IRCTC.
Indus Platinum0.70%Rs 100NA2RP per 100. Can be redeemed for Club Vistara 1:1.LTF
PNB Select0.66%Rs 150NAStatement Credit. Need 500 INR (1k points) minimum.LTF*, Rupay Select Wellness.
Kotak League Platinum Rupay0.66%Rs150NALTF
Yes Virtual Rupay Card0.5%Rs 2000NA
ICICI Coral0.5%Rs 50NALTF
Bob Premier Rupay0.5%Rs 200NAStatement Credit
Jupiter Edge CSB Rupay0.4% to 2%No minimum spendRs 3000 per month / 15000 jewelsFlat 2% cashback on category of choice between Travel, Shopping, and Dining (can switch once a quarter). 0.4% cashback on all other spends. UPI spends via Jupiter app only. Jewels to cash only via Jupiter account. Vouchers for rest.
Kotak IOCL2%

0.5%
Rs.200

NA
Grocery and Dinning

Others
4% upto Rs.300 for Card Swipe at IOCL Outlets.
IDFC Power+0.5%150NA4% on HPCL.Fuel Card.
SBI BPCL Octane0.25%100NA6.25% on BPCL. 2.5% Dining, Departmental Stores, Grocery & Movies. 0.25% others.Fuel Card.
HDFC MoneyBack Plus0.30%1502503.3% Preferred Merchants. 1.7% Merchant EMI. 0.3% Grocery and Retail. 500GV on 50k Qtrly Spend.Milestone
SBI SimplySave Rupay0.16%- 1.67%100NA?

Disclaimer: Please check official bank site before making any decision. If any discrepancy is found please do comment. I will update it.

Update Notes:
(28.05.2024)- Arranged serially. Keep it updated or tag @TheGuy .

Last edited:
About the fuel cards - do ANY of them give accelerated or as advertised rewards via UPI (QR scanned at petrol pump) or only via swipe/Tap?

About the fuel cards - do ANY of them give accelerated or as advertised rewards via UPI (QR scanned at petrol pump) or only via swipe/Tap?
I can speak for IDFC- it doesn't.
And I think Axis (post March 2024) also doesn't.

Just curious- why not use CC at Petrol Pump?

I can speak for IDFC- it doesn't.
And I think Axis (post March 2024) also doesn't.

Just curious- why not use CC at Petrol Pump?
Have to remember to carry that particular one. If tokenized in GPay and tap works at petrol pumps for rewards, then that's a great alternative to UPI since via UPI, no proper rewards anyway on fuel. Does tap work at all BPCL, IOCL and HPCL pumps or it depends?

The article at the cardmaven link given in the main table for the HDFC IRCTC credit card lacks completeness and misses important details.

I suggest to include the following link instead: https://www.technofino.in/community...-irctc-vs-bob-irctc-rupay-credit-cards.24999/
@OP or @TheGuy , you have still kept the cardmaven link. The article there gives wrong information (Eg. The article says to redeem the rewards, the cardholder has to be a passanger. It is not correct. Also, it says the reward points can be redeemed against statement at 1point = 30p. Again, this is wrong. One cannot redeem the reward points against the statement. Train ticket booking through SmartBuy is the only way.) At least just remove that link. Or if that cardmaven article is yours, then please correct it.

Also, a loose lower bound for transaction amount to get rewards on the IRCTC HDFC card is ₹38. I have received 0.38 reward points for ₹38 transaction. If I see reward points for even smaller transactions, then I will update.

One more point: I don't think it is fair to just add the remark 'Not Recommended' for the SBI IRCTC card. It could be more suitable card to people with certain use cases.

Guys tata neu infinity rupay if we scan and pay petrol pump still we get 1.5%?
Not iocl or hpcl direct outlet i am asking private company agencies
TIA

you have still kept the cardmaven link
updated to your detailed post on TF itself.
Also, it says the reward points can be redeemed against statement at 1point = 30p
Removed Card Maven Link. So, now comment about SmartBuy Redemption is correct.
One more point: I don't think it is fair to just add the remark 'Not Recommended' for the SBI IRCTC card
Removed specific opinion.
Thank you for tagging me and the comment.

Rewards part its ok atleast found a way to avoid surcharge
Again, per HDFC Website

1% fuel surcharge waiver at all fuel stations across India
(on minimum transaction of ₹400 & maximum transaction of ₹5,000. Maximum waiver of ₹500 per statement cycle).

You can try Indus Delight DC. It gives 5% on ANY fuel pump.

Again, per HDFC Website

1% fuel surcharge waiver at all fuel stations across India
(on minimum transaction of ₹400 & maximum transaction of ₹5,000. Maximum waiver of ₹500 per statement cycle).

You can try Indus Delight DC. It gives 5% on ANY fuel pump.
Thanks for the suggestion
Yes thats why i didn’t scan above 5k on tata neu so far

@OP or @TheGuy , you have still kept the cardmaven link. The article there gives wrong information (Eg. The article says to redeem the rewards, the cardholder has to be a passanger. It is not correct. Also, it says the reward points can be redeemed against statement at 1point = 30p. Again, this is wrong. One cannot redeem the reward points against the statement. Train ticket booking through SmartBuy is the only way.) At least just remove that link. Or if that cardmaven article is yours, then please correct it.

Also, a loose lower bound for transaction amount to get rewards on the IRCTC HDFC card is ₹38. I have received 0.38 reward points for ₹38 transaction. If I see reward points for even smaller transactions, then I will update.

One more point: I don't think it is fair to just add the remark 'Not Recommended' for the SBI IRCTC card. It could be more suitable card to people with certain use cases.
@TheGuy For the HDFC IRCTC Card, I received 0.1 reward points for ₹10 transaction as well.

co-branded.

why not? if approved tho
No..HDFC Bank is a shitty bank.

Technically it is a co-branded card but for some weird reason, it is treated as a core card.

I am saying this based on following two experiences.

There are people holding core card who got rejected for this card with the reason 'you already hold a core card'

The similar thing happened with my friend who holds the IRCTC card. He applied for Millennia and got rejected with the same reason (this part is interesting...i know getting core card after a co-branded card is difficult. But look at the reason they gave) saying he already holds a core card.

No..HDFC Bank is a shitty bank.

Technically it is a co-branded card but for some weird reason, it is treated as a core card.

I am saying this based on following two experiences.

There are people holding core card who got rejected for this card with the reason 'you already hold a core card'

The similar thing happened with my friend who holds the IRCTC card. He applied for Millennia and got rejected with the same reason (this part is interesting...i know getting core card after a co-branded card is difficult. But look at the reason they gave) saying he already holds a core card.
+1. My application for IRCTC was rejected as i already hold a core HDFC credit card. Same reason was given to me

@Sourabh_13 what are the options for (wrt HDFC IRCTC)-
1. Joining Fee welcome vouchers?
2. Quarterly milestone?
3. Any experience if they waive annual fee after year or two of usage.

TIA

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Back