• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Urgent Help Needed: RBL World Safari Credit Card Milestone Reward Eligibility on the last annual day?

ankiiiii

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have a critical question regarding my RBL World Safari credit card. My card was issued on 7th July 2023, and today is 6th July 2024. I have already spent 7 lakhs on the card. If I make a transaction for 50,000 INR today (specifically paying my taxes on the income tax portal), will I be eligible for the 7.5 lakhs milestone reward?

I tried contacting customer care, but their response was unclear and vague, simply stating that “the bank will decide.”

Can the experienced members here guide me on the best approach to take? Will I get the milestone rewards if I go ahead with the payment? Or should I use some other card? (I have APAY, Amex, Atlas and DCB as well.)

Additionally, just FYI, I noticed that American Express cards were not accepted on any of the bank portals listed on the income tax website, whereas most other credit cards were accepted.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Solution
Thanks for the response.
Their documentation mentions: "Upon making valid retail transactions worth Rs. 7,50,000 or more in a year from the date of activation of the card, you become eligible to receive a voucher worth Rs. 10,000 at a merchant of your choice ( Amazon, Myntra, Croma, Make My Trip & Taj Experiences)"

So technically they should honour the milestone. However, I am worried if they consider the date of the transaction or the date of fulfilment of the transaction. Ideally, the date of the transaction should be considered.

Since none of my other credit cards are giving any significant benefits with tax payments, I am going ahead with the transaction using RBL World Safari. Let's see how it goes. Keeping my fingers...
It's highly risky situation.
If you can take that risk go ahead.
If the transaction gets by end of day tomorrow, they will consider( most probably)
Thanks for the response.
Their documentation mentions: "Upon making valid retail transactions worth Rs. 7,50,000 or more in a year from the date of activation of the card, you become eligible to receive a voucher worth Rs. 10,000 at a merchant of your choice ( Amazon, Myntra, Croma, Make My Trip & Taj Experiences)"

So technically they should honour the milestone. However, I am worried if they consider the date of the transaction or the date of fulfilment of the transaction. Ideally, the date of the transaction should be considered.

Since none of my other credit cards are giving any significant benefits with tax payments, I am going ahead with the transaction using RBL World Safari. Let's see how it goes. Keeping my fingers crossed. Worst case, I will lose INR 949 transaction charges.

KR

Thanks for the response.

Since none of my other credit cards are giving any significant benefits with tax payments, I am going ahead with the transaction using RBL World Safari. Let's see how it goes. Keeping my fingers crossed. Worst case, I will lose INR 949 transaction charges.

KR
Banks do consider the date of transaction settlement in case of credit cards.
It's either a loss of Rs. 949 or profit of Rs. 10000.
Worthy risk.

Solution
Back