• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Urgent Help - Thailand Visa on arrival process when return dates arent fixed

Hi everyone,

I will be traveling to Thailand from Vietnam tomorrow and I have some questions about the visa on arrival process. My exit dates from Thailand aren't fixed yet.

1. What is the process for obtaining a visa on arrival in Thailand?
2. Do I need to provide proof of my last journey and an exit ticket from Thailand to get the visa?
3. My travel plans are flexible and I may travel to another country from Thailand, but the date isn't fixed yet. How should I handle this situation?
4. Are there any other criteria or documents required for the visa on arrival?

Thanks for your help!

Hi everyone,

I will be traveling to Thailand from Vietnam tomorrow and I have some questions about the visa on arrival process. My exit dates from Thailand aren't fixed yet.

2. Do I need to provide proof of my last journey and an exit ticket from Thailand to get the visa?
3. My travel plans are flexible and I may travel to another country from Thailand, but the date isn't fixed yet. How should I handle this situation?

Thanks for your help!
If you are unsure
Get tourist visa via embassy for 14 days ( tentative dates )

As far as I know, one can stay visa free for 15 days and need to show return tickets as well as hotel booking for visa free stay. I am not sure on this, that's why confirming here.
I thought Thailand is Visa free upto 2 months for Tourists till Nov 2024?

Why you need visa in that case? If needed book some cancellable return ticket within 2 month departure date

At the Airport at immigration, you need to fill a form for VoA, they will give the Visa there.

Not always, but they may ask to prove funds (some people got stuck I have seen first hand). Usually it's a smooth sailing process, I have done a lot of mile runs, they never asked me anything.

If you are still scared, get s dummy ticket to show that you will leave Thailand. I personally use https://onwardticket.com/ for my Shengen visits when things are unsure.

150 USD cash, sometimes they check. Not always.
Ohh also, the Thailand VoA fees needs to be paid in THB only (I think), so if you can arrange some, it will be better. AFAIK, there is no ATM there before the immigration.

There is news about Visa Free travel for Indians to Thailand recently, I am not up to date on that, haven't travelled there since the last few months.
Happy journey. ✌🏻

As far as I know, one can stay visa free for 15 days and need to show return tickets as well as hotel booking for visa free stay. I am not sure on this, that's why confirming here.
Please check and research more on 2 month free visa offer going on currently. It will solve most of your questions

Not sure if anyone here would have used this offer as it is just launched

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your help!
Thailand is visa free for indians till 11th November

It's visa free as of now. But even for visa on arrival, the guy told us if you take priority one you will get visa in one minute, otherwise it'll take you 1-2 hrs. We eneded up taking priority one and handed him over the documents. He didn't even go through them.

It's visa free as of now. But even for visa on arrival, the guy told us if you take priority one you will get visa in one minute, otherwise it'll take you 1-2 hrs. We eneded up taking priority one and handed him over the documents. He didn't even go through them.
Explain the priority process

Explain the priority process
There are 2 lines, 1 for regular VoA and second for priority VoA. I think they charge about 400-600 TBH. I don't remember, I did that like 6-7 years ago. The only advantage, you get to bypass the line and maybe, maybe not strict immigration checks.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your help!
Thailand is visa free for Indians as of now. No you don't have to take any visa for stays upto 30 days. No VoA also. No fees. It is FREE.

1. Not applicable as visa free for Indians.
2. You don't need any visa. They might ask for onward ticket. It depends on the mood of immigration officer. As far as I got to know from my contacts, these days nothing is being asked, only boarding pass and they are stamping on passport.
3. Just chill. Nothing will happen. If onward ticket is asked, just book a refundable ticket on spot.
4. Nothing as such. Better to keep a refundable onward ticket with you which you can cancel anytime.

Back