• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Urgent Help - Thailand Visa on arrival process when return dates arent fixed

There are 2 lines, 1 for regular VoA and second for priority VoA. I think they charge about 400-600 TBH. I don't remember, I did that like 6-7 years ago. The only advantage, you get to bypass the line and maybe, maybe not strict immigration checks.
This is not available currently as Indians don't need visa now. So, no VoA available. It's free of cost. Go to immigration counter, show boarding pass and passport and they'll stamp it without question.

As far as I know, one can stay visa free for 15 days and need to show return tickets as well as hotel booking for visa free stay. I am not sure on this, that's why confirming here.
Wrong.

Thailand offers 30 days visa free entry to Indian PP holders- valid till 11 Nov 2024 (VOA is cancelled)

This is the official site of the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT)

I visited Kuala Lumpur to Phuket on last Wednesday they didn't ask me anything just the passport nothing else.

I think as per latest rules flights are fully refundable if cancelled within 24 hours and date of journey is after 7 days..
So you can just book your return ticket upon departure or arrival in thailand.. and cancel it after immigration

I called up embassy before going to Thailand in April. Requirements are officially 40000 baht, hotel booking prints, flight ticket, valid passport. Nothing was asked I just had fingerprint scanned photo taken ,entry stamped in passport that’s it.

I visited Thailand as part of work offsite last June when VOA was still applicable. They did ask for the return ticket at the counter where payment for the VOA was to be done. No further questions were asked at the immigration counter itself where my passport was stamped.

I think a refundable return ticket is probably your best option if you want to be on the safe side since immigration officials can ask anything depending on their mood.

I visited Kuala Lumpur to Phuket on last Wednesday they didn't ask me anything just the passport nothing else.
I have noticed that Southeast Asian country's immigration officers are usually chill when compared to Indian officials.

Back