• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Use Air India miles/points for family members

drsel

TF Prestige
Air India flying return points can be used to book reward seats for my family ONLY after I have flown 2 flights myself on Air India (not Air India express) booked on the Air India app or website (not OTA)
See the screenshot attached

So, to activate my frequent flyer points (to book reward seats for my family), I need to book 2 flights for myself

Can I book these 2 qualifying flights by paying --
1) Only points
2) Cash + points
3) Full cash payment?
@anirban.choudhury @TechnoFino @MilesMax @MilesGeek

Screenshot_2024-10-07-20-15-09-73_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.webp

Last I heard it needs revenue booking using their FFP account, then it will allow us to redeem points. Same for self & family.

@prince747 might help, similar experience with SBI AirIndia card.

@drsel try this, i guess this is why it worked for me?

Try to create a family pool between you and your wife and then try to book.
Yes, I created my wife's flying returns account and added her to my family pool, by creating a new case ID.
However the call centre said that this will only help me to earn points if my wife pays real cash for flight booking and will not help me to use points for my wifes flight booking

Yes, I created my wife's flying returns account and added her to my family pool, by creating a new case ID.
However the call centre said that this will only help me to earn points if my wife pays real cash for flight booking and will not help me to use points for my wifes flight booking
Were you able to book flight for your wife using points?

Even after creating pool you need to complete cash booking? I thought if you are head of pool & you have points on your name then you should be able to book for family.

Am I wrong?
I am afraid you are wrong because they want 2 flights using real money and then only you can use the points.
Event for booking for myself personally, I need to have at least one flight using real money

@drsel this is getting really bad.
Vistara didn't had any such gimmicks.

My points hard earned are useless if I don't have cash booking. WTH??

Eagerly waiting for 12 Nov to try things once they actually migrate & close card

Back