• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Utility Bill payment interface with Shopping/retail spends MCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't assume again so I am asking, how many of you guys ever looked at pnl accounts and capital accounts,
Provisioning is done for taxes to be paid by an individual in the pnl account and the taxes paid are deducted from the capital account of an individual while the earnings of an individual that he used to personal use are debited to drawings account

As per what you all are trying to prove that income taxes are personal in nature, shouldn't it be debited to drawings??

Financial/accounting nature of income taxes is commercial in fact
So, how Drawings Account is finally closed ??

Exactly, Taxes are Directly Debited to Capital, tax payment is not drawings.

Txns which Classify Drawings are debited to Drwaings for Accouting Purposes otherwise one can Directly debit Such txns from Capital instead of creating Drwaings Account
No, actually only the items withdrawn from the stock or assets of the business or cash withdrawn from the business is debited to drawings account, not all transactions like me buying a dairy milk for a kid is debited to drawings account, once drawn from the business the cash becomes personal

Exactly, Taxes are Directly Debited to Capital, tax payment is not drawings.

Txns which Classify Drawings are debited to Drwaings for Accouting Purposes otherwise one can Directly debit Such txns from Capital instead of creating Drawings Account
Simply put drawings= personal, taxes = commercial
Why don't CA's debit the taxes paid to drawings, simply because they are not of personal nature, taxes are of non personal nature
A person buying a phone won't be a business asset and won't be eligible to claim depreciation but a laptop for business surely is eligible for depreciation, simply because of the nature personal/ commercial just like taxes

e00ee354987200bed9d03809a73264d3.jpg

Closing Statement : Either Income Tax is commercial activity or not but you have to mandatorily pay the TAX. So, pay your bills in full & on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back