• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Vistara CV to Air India points

Namans

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Vistara points already have quite bad value :ROFLMAO:

Maybe they would not want to devalue it further

I always got great value of more than 1 rs per point on flight from Mumbai to Chandigarh, Delhi, Dehradun, Udaipur.
In fact the chandigarh flight was 12000 one way if I remember correctly so that was more than 2 rs per point.
The shorter flights are terrible value

Lord Silvr

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I always got great value of more than 1 rs per point on flight from Mumbai to Chandigarh, Delhi, Dehradun, Udaipur.
In fact the chandigarh flight was 12000 one way if I remember correctly so that was more than 2 rs per point.
The shorter flights are terrible value
Lucky You !
I'm hardly ever able to secure Vistara Economy on my fav Int'l route, i.e. DEL - BKK / BKK - DEL.
I can justify spending 16k CV points for one-way Economy ticket but the availability sucks.
Maybe should try my luck in Domestic instead of Int'l or stick to utilizing CV points strictly for upgrades whenever necessary.

Vistara points already have quite bad value :ROFLMAO:

Maybe they would not want to devalue it further
You can always get superb value provided you are somewhat flexible with the dates. I remember flying from Mumbai to Kolkata and back during peak Diwali time. One side I got the flight for just 6000 points, revenue ticket for Vistara was more than 15k at that time. While returning I used the business class voucher and that time business class revenue ticket was around 35-40k. This is just one example, but I have flown from Mumbai to Dehradun, Srinagar, Bangalore, Varanasi etc multiple times using either the points or vouchers.

Again this only works if you are willing to be a little flexible with your dates or plan early. And personally if I see that the point value that I can extract is pretty bad, then I use either smartbuy or travel edge for my bookings on other airlines.

Lord Silvr

TF Select
VIP Lounge
You can always get superb value provided you are somewhat flexible with the dates. I remember flying from Mumbai to Kolkata and back during peak Diwali time. One side I got the flight for just 6000 points, revenue ticket for Vistara was more than 15k at that time. While returning I used the business class voucher and that time business class revenue ticket was around 35-40k. This is just one example, but I have flown from Mumbai to Dehradun, Srinagar, Bangalore, Varanasi etc multiple times using either the points or vouchers.

Again this only works if you are willing to be a little flexible with your dates or plan early. And personally if I see that the point value that I can extract is pretty bad, then I use either smartbuy or travel edge for my bookings on other airlines.
So, book in advance or stay flexible with the dates.
When those options fail, thank HDFC for Smartbuy.
Cheers !

yes, that's pretty much the game. I do prefer travel edge as there is no cap. However, if I want to use some of my points for buying flights, then smartbuy is the way to go. Both are equally good options for revenue tickets.