• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Weird issue - CIBIL score disappeared!

Hello guys,

Facing a weird issue in my wife's CIBIL. She has two active credit cards and until last month, she had a good CIBIL score consistently above 780 (she had CIBIL history since 2011).

Suddenly, her entire CIBIL history has disappeared. CIBIL score is NH. I logged into the CIBIL portal to check the free score and it says she has no accounts active!! Her last name and first name have been swapped (i.e. first name has the last name and vice versa).

Accounts section says no open accounts, no closed accounts. But she currently has two active credit cards - ICICI (Coral, Sapphiro) and HDFC. She is making purchases and payments on time even this month.
Only the enquiry section correctly has the previous enquiries done by banks.

Any idea how to resolve this? If I try to raise a dispute under the "account information" section, there are no accounts displayed so I'm not able to raise a dispute.

Highly appreciate any pointers to resolve this and bring back her CIBIL history and score.

Thank you!

It would be really helpful to everyone here, if you could write rhe exact contact details of whom you contacted to resolve these issues .
Well done anyway
Glad that you resolved the issue
Sure.

CIBIL does not provide any email ID to directly contact. They have a "write to us" section at the end of the Contact Us page. This has a form where we can enter our details and explain our issue. Submitting this generates a SR# and CIBIL responds within 2 days via email.

I raised three such requests but the team (presumably juniors) did not understand the issue and made me run around in circles. I also called them but they did not understand the issue. The call center folks suggested I raise this to nodal team.

Contacting nodal team is similar as I detailed above but the link is via a separate section at the contact us page using which we can write to nodal team. I wrote only once to nodal team and within one day, they corrected the issue.

Hope this is helpful if others face issues with CIBIL.

• Lovely
Reactions: SSV
Sure.

CIBIL does not provide any email ID to directly contact. They have a "write to us" section at the end of the Contact Us page. This has a form where we can enter our details and explain our issue. Submitting this generates a SR# and CIBIL responds within 2 days via email.

I raised three such requests but the team (presumably juniors) did not understand the issue and made me run around in circles. I also called them but they did not understand the issue. The call center folks suggested I raise this to nodal team.

Contacting nodal team is similar as I detailed above but the link is via a separate section at the contact us page using which we can write to nodal team. I wrote only once to nodal team and within one day, they corrected the issue.

Hope this is helpful if others face issues with CIBIL.
Excellent.. thanks for the detailed info.. this would definitely help everyone in the community now and in the future …
Thanks heaps again!!

CIBIL is a joke worthy institution, run by jesters and fraudsters.
Absolutely no regard for the customer but boot lickers of financial institutions.

RBI Ombudsman received more complaints against CIBIL in FY23: Report​

The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) received 796 complaints against Credit Information Bureau (India) Limited (CIBIL) between April 1, 2022, and March 31, 2023, through the offices of RBI Ombudsman (ORBIOs), according to the latest annual report. This is the highest complaints against a credit bureau, as per the report.

Hope ur issue was resolved!! I got my issue resolved after a brief fight of 2 weeks 😂 This helped me avoid credit check for Mayura and Ashva cards 🤪 But rejection of HDFC Infinia :( For two weeks my score was displayed as 0 and no credit history!

Hope ur issue was resolved!! I got my issue resolved after a brief fight of 2 weeks 😂 This helped me avoid credit check for Mayura and Ashva cards 🤪 But rejection of HDFC Infinia :( For two weeks my score was displayed as 0 and no credit history!
Yes, my issue was resolved after about 10 days of back and forth with them. I have detailed it above.

Seems this is a common issue with CIBIL.

Back