• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What can be done if one receives frequent calls even after registering for DND?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 7241
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 7241

What can be done if one receives frequent calls even after registering for DND?

Report the caller. I started getting 5-8 robo calls a day after getting the SBI cashback card. I started reporting all of them and now the number has gone down to 1-2 a week.

I am too getting daily calls not sure which recent financial activity of me triggered these daily calls. I always block them on truecaller. All these are robocalls. I too have DND enabled.

Report the caller. I started getting 5-8 robo calls a day after getting the SBI cashback card. I started reporting all of them and now the number has gone down to 1-2 a week.
Already reported.. infact reported earlier as well but no solution

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-22-16-09-28-49_21e8cabcf42c673ec340bb67ba55b55b.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-22-16-09-28-49_21e8cabcf42c673ec340bb67ba55b55b.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 35
I am too getting daily calls not sure which recent financial activity of me triggered these daily calls. I always block them on truecaller. All these are robocalls. I too have DND enabled.
have true caller installed but they daily change numbers..

When I was using Redmi Note 7 Pro, I never faced any problem as it had best caller app. We can set to block the std code number like 011, 022, 0124 etc... But Google dialer is poor with less facilities. So I also have to take the help from Truecaller app to block these 420s. I never allow any call from Mumbai, Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida.

But Google dialer is poor. No proper blocking system available 😠

Worst of all is that many self identify as bank employees, offering LTF but at the moment you get more details it surfaces that they are NOT bank employees, the card comes with conditions and asking you to send sensitive documents to third party emails from domains like teamleasemails.com or even whatsapp.

The ones I got from telemarketing calls the bank contacted me directly or the agent initiated the process on my behalf but then the bank got ahold of me and requested for further documents via official channels not some shady email domain or whatsapp.

I don't know where is the government regulating this and punishing heavily these type of guys. Many seem to be altering your information or submitting docs with fraudulent information in order to get the cards approved.

Worst of all is that many self identify as bank employees, offering LTF but at the moment you get more details it surfaces that they are NOT bank employees, the card comes with conditions and asking you to send sensitive documents to third party emails from domains like teamleasemails.com or even whatsapp.

The ones I got from telemarketing calls the bank contacted me directly or the agent initiated the process on my behalf but then the bank got ahold of me and requested for further documents via official channels not some shady email domain or whatsapp.

I don't know where is the government regulating this and punishing heavily these type of guys. Many seem to be altering your information or submitting docs with fraudulent information in order to get the cards approved.
Exactly..

Raise violation on the DND app or through SMS. They will take action in a few days. Once you do this for a few numbers, the telemarketers will know that you're not to be messed with and will remove your number from their database. Then the calls will stop. There won't be calls for a while till you give your number to some entity who doesn't have your number already. Then you'll start getting calls again and you've to repeat the process.

How. ? pls Guide
It's working with Truecaller and Redmi Dialer

For Truecaller

Go to Blocking Tab

Select "Number Series" under "Block Someone Manually"

Select "Number Starts With" and enter starting number

0124 or +91124

022 or +9122

The number will be blocked and you will get notification. If it is genuine call, you can unblock the particular number

Attachments

• IMG_20230122_191945.jpg
    IMG_20230122_191945.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20230122_191755.jpg
    IMG_20230122_191755.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 3
It's working with Truecaller and Redmi Dialer

For Truecaller

Go to Blocking Tab

Select "Number Series" under "Block Someone Manually"

Select "Number Starts With" and enter starting number

0124 or +91124

022 or +9122

The number will be blocked and you will get notification. If it is genuine call, you can unblock the particular number
Thank you so much..

Raise violation on the DND app or through SMS. They will take action in a few days. Once you do this for a few numbers, the telemarketers will know that you're not to be messed with and will remove your number from their database. Then the calls will stop. There won't be calls for a while till you give your number to some entity who doesn't have your number already. Then you'll start getting calls again and you've to repeat the process.
Ok..Sure.Thanks

Note i have been using TRAI DND app only since 2018, initially it was good, telecom operator took actions. Later they started ignoring complaints, I stopped using that app since last 2 years now and rely on truecaller. They now resolve complaint with resolution that it's legitimate sms Or call most times.

Back