• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What card should i get now ?

Vicky99

TF Buzz
As of now holding:

AXIS Flipkart LTF
Sbi simplyclick paid
Rbl safari LTF
Hdfc millennia LTF
Idfc classic
AU xcite ace
BoB premier LTF
One card
Indusind legend LTF
ICICI coral LTF.
ICICI mmt
ICICI APay

Now what should be my approach should i avoid or apply SC , HSBC , Yes Bank, Kotak, Federal . If yes please suggest the card varient of that bank preferably LTF and easy to get .

Last edited:
As of now holding:

AXIS Flipkart LTF
Sbi simplyclick paid
Rbl safari LTF
Hdfc millennia LTF
Idfc classic
AU xcite ace
BoB premier LTF
One card
Indusind legend LTF

Now what should be my approach should i avoid or apply SC , HSBC , Yes Bank, Kotak, Federal . If yes please suggest the card varient of that bank preferably LTF and easy to get .
You can easily get Kotak League Platinum Rupay variant for LTF without any income documents and verification.

You can apply for SC Platinum Rewards LTF but there will be mandatory verification of employment and chances of rejection are there.

Federal Scapia is very easy. Just fill application and they will show approval (or rejection) with credit limit. To accept, do vKYC. But be aware this is cobranded card and not eligible for federal bank offers. Though for forex this is very good.

Yes Bank: Check Branch for offers. But currently hard to get LTF.

HSBC and SC need specific location.
HSBC has only one LTF Card. HSBC Cashback (Paid, 1000 INR) card is great if you do dining, grocery- offline or online. 10% upto 1k pm.

SideNote: How did you get RBL Safari LTF? Which Card did you use for xCite Ace?

Your current portfolio looks great already.

If you order a lot of food, you can try the HDFC Swiggy.

If you want unlimited lounge access, you can get Scapia.

If you want risk-free transactions on any site, you can get an Amex MRCC card.

Depending on where and how much you spend, you can always expand your portfolio.

As of now holding:

AXIS Flipkart LTF
Sbi simplyclick paid
Rbl safari LTF
Hdfc millennia LTF
Idfc classic
AU xcite ace
BoB premier LTF
One card
Indusind legend LTF

Do not see any benefit with ..

- RBL Safari
- IDFC Classic
- BOB Premier
- IndusInd Legend

Try to use, FK / Millennia and upgrade after improving your relationship and negotiate LTF if needed.

Otherwise, for recommendation needed apprx. spends in a month and where you're looking for better reward/cashback. I do not see any need for another card at the moment.

I also need to apply for credit cards and have a servicable pincode for all, can provide office address but can't proof employment, currently AMEX is in my mind.

I have HDFC, SBI, Axis, BoB, YesBank

As of now holding:

AXIS Flipkart LTF
Sbi simplyclick paid
Rbl safari LTF
Hdfc millennia LTF
Idfc classic
AU xcite ace
BoB premier LTF
One card
Indusind legend LTF

Where is APAY card in your portfolio??

Federal Scapia is very easy. Just fill application and they will show approval (or rejection) with credit limit. To accept, do vKYC. But be aware this is cobranded card and not eligible for federal bank offers. Though for forex this is very good.

Yes Bank: Check Branch for offers. But currently hard to get LTF.

HSBC and SC need specific location.
HSBC has only one LTF Card. HSBC Cashback (Paid, 1000 INR) card is great if you do dining, grocery- offline or online. 10% upto 1k pm.

SideNote: How did you get RBL Safari LTF? Which Card did you use for xCite Ace?
For RBL safari i have used zomato to shoprite to rbl safari for upgrade . And for xcite ace best card to use is sbi .

Do not see any benefit with ..

- RBL Safari
- IDFC Classic
- BOB Premier
- IndusInd Legend

Try to use, FK / Millennia and upgrade after improving your relationship and negotiate LTF if needed.

Otherwise, for recommendation needed apprx. spends in a month and where you're looking for better reward/cashback. I do not see any need for another card at the moment.
I got the rbl safari just for zero forex . And its a ltf card. I need to keep a rbl card for shipping too thats the reason rbl card is there .. similarly idfc, bob & indusind.. planning to upgrade my indusind legend to pinnacle. And idfc classic to select . I think they will not upgrade to wealth 😅

Your current portfolio looks great already.

If you order a lot of food, you can try the HDFC Swiggy.

If you want unlimited lounge access, you can get Scapia.

If you want risk-free transactions on any site, you can get an Amex MRCC card.

Depending on where and how much you spend, you can always expand your portfolio.

I am already having so many lounges access through those cards . I think instead of scapia i should opt for federal cresta or similar. Atleast offers could be availed. And as of now i don't think i can get amex LTF . So will be thinking in future. Similarly hdfc swiggy is a waste card for me as probably i order once a month or 2 .

You can easily get Kotak League Platinum Rupay variant for LTF without any income documents and verification.

You can apply for SC Platinum Rewards LTF but there will be mandatory verification of employment and chances of rejection are there.
That the issue .. currently i am co-founder & CPO of a startup 😅 i can provide employment proof like email DSC and all those but can't provide proof of salary. 🥺 As most of things are in the form of stocks.. No salary as of now . I don't think HSBC & SC will accept those as a vaild documents.

As of now holding:

AXIS Flipkart LTF
Sbi simplyclick paid
Rbl safari LTF
Hdfc millennia LTF
Idfc classic
AU xcite ace
BoB premier LTF
One card
Indusind legend LTF
ICICI coral LTF.
ICICI mmt
ICICI APay

You already have a dozen cards.

Why do you need more ?

Do a realistic check to see your spending pattern per month and the benefits you get on your existing cards. If there is gap, ONLY THEN, think of getting new card(S) to fill that gap.

Remember that CC collection is also an addiction.

Reactions: R@J
That the issue .. currently i am co-founder & CPO of a startup 😅 i can provide employment proof like email DSC and all those but can't provide proof of salary. 🥺 As most of things are in the form of stocks.. No salary as of now . I don't think HSBC & SC will accept those as a vaild documents.
SC just needed an email confirmation from the work email ID you provide during application.

As of now holding:

AXIS Flipkart LTF
Sbi simplyclick paid
Rbl safari LTF
Hdfc millennia LTF
Idfc classic
AU xcite ace
BoB premier LTF
One card
Indusind legend LTF
ICICI coral LTF.
ICICI mmt
ICICI APay

yes reduce your cards and focus on more productive earning opportunities

As of now holding:

AXIS Flipkart LTF
Sbi simplyclick paid
Rbl safari LTF
Hdfc millennia LTF
Idfc classic
AU xcite ace
BoB premier LTF
One card
Indusind legend LTF
ICICI coral LTF.
ICICI mmt
ICICI APay

You can opt for Axis Vistara or SBI vistara ( More preferable), only if you have vistara connectivity in your area & fly at times.

Other option is SBI cashback.

I got the rbl safari just for zero forex . And its a ltf card. I need to keep a rbl card for shipping too thats the reason rbl card is there .. similarly idfc, bob & indusind.. planning to upgrade my indusind legend to pinnacle. And idfc classic to select . I think they will not upgrade to wealth 😅

I lived without RBL all these years, so I never missed single offer that I regret not having RBL.

Same for IndusInd, do not see any offers related to that which I missed other than that banking account.

I don't understand people usually says 2 things either "those are LTF, so keep it" or "using for offers" which I don't understand how many times we availed those offers, whats the use if we get less rewards on LTF.

Maybe, my spends are not related to yours so you may find those cards useful, so as suggested by you can keep it. No issues in that case.

But, upgrade from classic to wealth not easy, better to close apply fresh if you have limit and cibil history.

Pinnacle even with 15k amzn vouchers maybe useful but is that really needed on non-spending card? Again, maybe you have some use cases with IndusInd, so ignore if irrelevant.

Again, I do not see any place where you can get high rewards with RBL than Millennia. Maybe I missed something but I do not see any value in those cards.

ICICI MMT also do not see any benefit compared to APay and Coral.

Keeping useful cards, spending on them so that you'll eligible for upgrade to premium cards in those banks rather spending 100 here, 100 there and reduce your value in important banks due to non-spends, is what I'm suggesting.

All I'm saying its time to upgrade premium cards, since you already saw basic cards so try to get them LTF with any of the above approaches.

Just my views..

Close some of the cards so many Unsecured cards even take out cibil score in coming days or when wanted a secured loan they won't give an unsecured loan is more. max keep 5 cards, also if shared Limit exist and shows same in cibil no problem no need to close that bank cards but rest cut the slack

Last edited:
Back