• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What happens if I send money to friend as rent?

CardShard

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have used NoBroker rent pay before. Assuming reward > markup, is there a downside? Any income tax implication on "friend"?

I hold DCB.
In my case, I was planning to transfer rent 60k rent to my wife such that it will be 49.5k from redgirraffe and 10.5k from nobroker - on monthly basis after preparing a genuine rental agreement.
I do not want this transfer to get added to her income.

Now after reading the above comment from @pratikjain4 I am having second thoughts.
Is there a way to highlight that the 60k transaction is nothing but a peer to peer payment as she would return that amount back every month to my account using bank transfer?
Is there a problem in splitting the amount to say, 20k *3 and sending, without giving PAN card? If not, do it.

Is there a problem in splitting the amount to say, 20k *3 and sending, without giving PAN card? If not, do it.
Hello,
Which platform do you suggest to use for 20k x 3 ? Lately we have seen Nobroker holding the transaction and asking for rental agreement. Also rent payment only once a month can be done on NB right?

Hello,
Which platform do you suggest to use for 20k x 3 ? Lately we have seen Nobroker holding the transaction and asking for rental agreement. Also rent payment only once a month can be done on NB right?
You may use Freecharge. They have PAN card as optional on ₹20k(but they make PAN card mandatory at ₹25k). No Broker has PAN card as optional at ₹25k.
Even if you can pay only once through a portal, you may use Freecharge for ₹20k, NoBroker for ₹20k and some other platform such as Paytm or Cred for rest ₹20k. Paytm fees are bit hefty, Cred has not so hefty fee. Also, I never used Cred, but I think they won't make PAN card mandatory for ₹20k amount.

Back