• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

what is cool off period for applying amex platinum travel again?

hritiksakshi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hii Guys

So In October first week i applied for AMEX Plat Travel card using someone's referral (marius) in this forum. As you all know that the person in question was a fraud and didnt hold his part of the bargain after my approval i.e. 4K Apay/Shopping Voucher.

I raised a complain over call with AMEX people and didnt activate the card. They even assured me that my referral points will be kept on hold till they examine his account.

Now since the 37 days have elapsed and my amex card is deactivated. What is the cool off period after which i can apply again (this time using one of the most genuine guys referrer in this forum) and not being greedy.

What is the cool off period applicable - if I close my Amex MRCC card now (3 yr old, not taken through referral mode), and apply for a new MRCC card under referral mode?

I already have a 3-4 months old Plat Travel, so relationship with Amex wont be terminated fully, even after closure of existing MRCC? Also, the MR pool for both of my cards is same...... Should I redeem using 18/24K Gold Collection, or take a luck that future MRCC would also have same pool?
(Dont have much use of Mariott, hence for me Gold collection makes more sense)

@BestBanker @anirban.choudhury

What is the cool off period applicable - if I close my Amex MRCC card now (3 yr old, not taken through referral mode), and apply for a new MRCC card under referral mode?

I already have a 3-4 months old Plat Travel, so relationship with Amex wont be terminated fully, even after closure of existing MRCC? Also, the MR pool for both of my cards is same...... Should I redeem using 18/24K Gold Collection, or take a luck that future MRCC would also have same pool?
(Dont have much use of Mariott, hence for me Gold collection makes more sense)

@BestBanker @anirban.choudhury

90 days cool off period from the date of closure should work fine too.

That's correct, the other card will stay as it is. You will lose access temporarily to the 18k and 24K Gold collection but as soon as the new MRCC comes in, you should be able to get them again.

Depending on your expenses, you can also get the Gold Charge card instead as it offers 5x multiplier instead of the 2x on MRCC and 3x on Plat Travel.

Hii Guys

So In October first week i applied for AMEX Plat Travel card using someone's referral (marius) in this forum. As you all know that the person in question was a fraud and didnt hold his part of the bargain after my approval i.e. 4K Apay/Shopping Voucher.

I raised a complain over call with AMEX people and didnt activate the card. They even assured me that my referral points will be kept on hold till they examine his account.

Now since the 37 days have elapsed and my amex card is deactivated. What is the cool off period after which i can apply again (this time using one of the most genuine guys referrer in this forum) and not being greedy.
Damn you went over a mile for this. I didn't knew we could do that. I would said what done is now done forget it and move on but you thought let not activated this cc and let not that person have my referral bonus either. Kudos to you. Now till 31st jan you would better deal too for referral keep that in mind.

90 days for any product.. from the date of your previous login.
90 days cool off period from the date of closure should work fine too.

That's correct, the other card will stay as it is. You will lose access temporarily to the 18k and 24K Gold collection but as soon as the new MRCC comes in, you should be able to get them again.

Depending on your expenses, you can also get the Gold Charge card instead as it offers 5x multiplier instead of the 2x on MRCC and 3x on Plat Travel.
Thanks @coolguy1 , @BestBanker for your replies.

One small query - 90 days from last application login or 90 days from card closure.
Eg - Applied MRCC in 2020. My last application login for PT card was Aug 2023. MRCC card closure done in Dec 2023.
In this case, by when should I apply for MRCC again under Referral route?

My application got approved for mrcc last week had cancelled smart earn and as per amex rep I applied and it got rejected saying had two cards I got on to a chat with reps and they raised review to their backend and no reply 4 times I had to get on and yesterday I was away and they sent kyc link on my first application 1k first year 2nd Yr 4500 fee with 4k bonus and before that I had applied through coolguy referral and it got rejected stating had already applied had which had a steal seal fyf free second Yr 1500 fee they kept 90 days cool I kept pestering with chat I had previously who had mentioned I could apply immediately after cancellation after much push pull today it got over. Just waiting for the card to come. My next trifecta to do would be platinum chg if I get upgrade from plat travel. Else will settle for gold chg

Thanks @coolguy1 , @BestBanker for your replies.

One small query - 90 days from last application login or 90 days from card closure.
Eg - Applied MRCC in 2020. My last application login for PT card was Aug 2023. MRCC card closure done in Dec 2023.
In this case, by when should I apply for MRCC again under Referral route?
always consider card closure date.

Thanks for this.

One more query, is it the card closure date of the corresponding card? I had 3 Amex cards and closed GC in Dec and PT in Jan. So if I want to apply GC again, then should I count 3 months from Jan or Dec?
The time limit is per product

i have applied for amex credit card and suddenly they asked me for income proof which i didnt had ...... so i just left and after 1 month when i open my gmail there are multiple mails saying upload documents .... now what will be the situation ....
1. when will the application gets cancelled
2. when can i place the new aplication
3. my family members are self employed/professionals .... they dont have any income proof can i go with their application ...
4. can we aply amex without income documents (have 16 credit cards and 780 CIBIL)
cool off will be 90 days from your 1st application date

for next card consider using my referral, DM me for details ;)

i have applied for amex credit card and suddenly they asked me for income proof which i didnt had ...... so i just left and after 1 month when i open my gmail there are multiple mails saying upload documents .... now what will be the situation ....
1. when will the application gets cancelled
2. when can i place the new aplication
3. my family members are self employed/professionals .... they dont have any income proof can i go with their application ...
4. can we aply amex without income documents (have 16 credit cards and 780 CIBIL)

that is bank decision, they can ask income proofs. even if not today, amex definitely ask for income proofs whenever it sees huge transactions. they even ask annual report sometimes whether income changed or not.

so, apply only if proper income satisfied.

Back