• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What soaps do you guys use?

Most of the SOAPS of top selling brands are NOT Soaps - as they contain lesser quantities of TFM (total fatty material) as mandated.

So, they do not use the word SOAP.

Instead, they use BATHING BAR.

For this reason, I/we use AloeVera, Neem, Turmeric n Sandal variants of SOAPs made by AP Girijan Coop Society. No harmful chemicals. No marketing gimmicks. No inflated pricing. Only pure n natural products at reasonable prices, home delivered.

@plastikman need your pHysics here.
pH 7 is neutral and technically anything less than 7 is acidic.

However, soaps are always alkaline i.e. above 7.0. I think OP is comparing dove soap and making a comparison with other soaps. Dove claims that their soap has a lower pH compared to other soaps.

Let me explain, good soaps are more alkaline but strips oil and dries skin so it is important to maintain a lower pH in the alkaline range.

For example, caustic soda having a pH 11.0 was used 50-60 years back to wash clothes / utencils. But it was very strong and dried out skin and sometimes destroyed fabric, so newer soaps while being alkaline still maintain lower alkalinity.

Most of the SOAPS of top selling brands are NOT Soaps - as they contain lesser quantities of TFM (total fatty material) as mandated.

So, they do not use the word SOAP.

Instead, they use BATHING BAR.

For this reason, I/we use AloeVera, Neem, Turmeric n Sandal variants of SOAPs made by AP Girijan Coop Society. No harmful chemicals. No marketing gimmicks. No inflated pricing. Only pure n natural products at reasonable prices, home delivered.
someone said something logical here

However, soaps are always alkaline i.e. above 7.0. I think OP is comparing dove soap and making a comparison with other soaps. Dove claims that their soap has a lower pH compared to other soaps.

Let me explain, good soaps are more alkaline but strips oil and dries skin so it is important to maintain a lower pH in the alkaline range.

For example, caustic soda having a pH 11.0 was used 50-60 years back to wash clothes / utencils. But it was very strong and dried out skin and sometimes destroyed fabric, so newer soaps while being alkaline still maintain lower alkalinity.
dove just playing marketing gimmicks in name of low ph..customers knows shit about it in logic..and buys those teash ingre soaps

That's why we had ads that said stuff like 'ab rukhe haat nahi'

Back