• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What to know about US stocks?

cowcoconut

TF Premier
I just got to know about DTAA and TCS for foreign remittance. So it seems US stock dividends are taxed at 15% flat and there's 20% TCS. What about LTCG etc?

Also I've read a lot of negative things about INDMoney (reading emails etc) and Fi.money. What are some good brokers for US stocks?

Do you guys really recommend investing in US stocks, seems the expenses involved are quite high as well generally. But on the flip side, I understand the US market very well since I'm into tech etc.

Last edited:
I use vested to invest in US market for past 2 years. My experience is good with it.

If you want to buy just the top 7 stocks, better buy NASDAQ100 ETF/MF from india itself. That will be more efficient.

But If you want exposure to other small cap new edge tech companies then US market is the way to go. But it's risky.

I primarily use vested to buy Tech stocks, china and crypto ETF. Index I buy directly from India via ETF or MF.

In my opinion global diversification is a must for any portfolio above 1Cr. India is very overvalued right now. US and china are cheap.

I use vested to invest in US market for past 2 years. My experience is good with it.

If you want to buy just the top 7 stocks, better buy NASDAQ100 ETF/MF from india itself. That will be more efficient.

But If you want exposure to other small cap new edge tech companies then US market is the way to go. But it's risky.

I primarily use vested to buy Tech stocks, china and crypto ETF. Index I buy directly from India via ETF or MF.

In my opinion global diversification is a must for any portfolio above 1Cr. India is very overvalued right now. US and china are cheap.
Thanks I'll look into vested.
Anyway to bypass the forex charges?

Back