• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which app doesn't suck for IPOs?

catcat

TF Select
Quite strange that India's 2 most heavily used UPI apps, i,e. GPAY and Phonepe, suck terribly for IPOs.

Gpay will not let you accept an IPO mandate from anything other than your primary account. (actually this holds true not just for IPOs, but for all collect requests). Phonepe was okay till now, but today they send me this message

"R K Swamy Limited has sent you an AutoPay request for upto Rs.14400. If you are unable to view the request, please update your PhonePe app. -PhonePe".

Had got this message earlier too, but in those times, a notification came. BUt not this time. And no way to find or accept the mandate now.

Paytm was good on this count - they sent a deep link, would open the mandate page. Though they made it very difficult to check the mandates.
The best so far has been the good 'ol Bhim. No message with deep link, but the IPO application mandates & status is easy to find - the button id displayed prominently on the front page.

Never thought a Sarkari app would beat market leaders, but there you are!

Any other recommendations? How's mobikwik?

PS: I think that gpay is good enough if you don't use multiple accounts, but I prefer to do normal payments from one account, and do my investments from another, and often my primary account does not have enough funds to apply.

financewizard

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Actually I am not facing any issues with Gpay mandates. My investment bank account is not the default one in Gpay. You should use account specific UPI IDs while registering for IPO. (In settings you can see / create separate UPI IDs for each of the bank account you hold). Use those UPI IDs to generate mandates.