• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which bank account should I open a salary account with? HDFC or IndusInd Bank?

raghavx

TF Select
Hi, I wanted to know if I should open my salary account with HDFC or IndusInd bank?

For IndusInd I was thinking IndusInd Exclusive as maybe I could get LTF Pinnacle with this bank.

With HDFC I might get regalia LTF

If ur company gives multiple options... Or no restrictions on any bank... U should better juggle between hdfc, sbi, icici, axis and indusind.... Open accounts get the credit card... And then shift to another bank... With salary account... It will be much easier getting the credit cards... U can even get good cards.. And ltf also if pushed hard....

hdfc has terrible customer service especially if it's about cashbacks
they dont even respond well for rbi escalations
icici or axis support are better
if salary is above 1.2L then go for free indus exclusive account
HDFC has good customer support but takes long time to resolve(1 month & also many mails). I had not received spend based offer voucher, I mailed them and got resolution after escalation in 1 month.

From my perspective if your salary is more than 1L then open the one titanium account with icici or classic salary account with HDFC. If your salary is above 50K then get a gold salary account in icici. You will Pinnacle LTF if you get any indusind card and upgrade it to Pinnacle. For regalia LTF just apply it offline and show your salary slips or apply it via C2C you will get it for LTF as the norms are changed for HDFC LTF credit cards and you can also open a classic or preferred savings account with HDFC for pre approved offer. ICICI would be the best choice according to me.

Already have a savings account with ICICI. Hence, looking for some other bank. Confused b/w HDFC & IndusInd.

Axis or HDFC ,
BIG NO to indusind
WHY?

From my perspective if your salary is more than 1L then open the one titanium account with icici or classic salary account with HDFC. If your salary is above 50K then get a gold salary account in icici. You will Pinnacle LTF if you get any indusind card and upgrade it to Pinnacle. For regalia LTF just apply it offline and show your salary slips or apply it via C2C you will get it for LTF as the norms are changed for HDFC LTF credit cards and you can also open a classic or preferred savings account with HDFC for pre approved offer. ICICI would be the best choice according to me.
Do you get any advantage with this classic salary account of HDFC? Are the advantages free?

Is the 'classic salary account' the highest premium account possible? What if an individual earns 2L or 2.5L+ a month? Please mention the associated perks and please mention only if it's free.

worst customer service in indusind. have to raise complaint with rbi ombudsman even for petty things to get done. their nodal email id is not nodal , its actually customer care email
Same I had already experienced, HDFC is much better option than indusind.
Hdfc you will get good credit card as well frequent offers. Indusind dont expect they will give anything in free.

Do you get any advantage with this classic salary account of HDFC? Are the advantages free?

Is the 'classic salary account' the highest premium account possible? What if an individual earns 2L or 2.5L+ a month? Please mention the associated perks and please mention only if it's free.
You will get preferred account easily as per your earnings you have mentioned.

i actually have classic savings account

Back