• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which card is good now for rent payments

gurpreet.9211

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I've got 50k rent to be paid monthly, earlier I was using magnus+PayZapp to get milestone benefits but now as PayZapp is fixed hence I would not get those benefits plus axis will collect GST for rent payment.

What is the alternative, any trick for magnus or any other suggested card to get at least some benefits out of the payment.

I have axis flipkart, ICICI apay, amex mrcc, Axis magnus, HDFC Tata neo infinity and a few others.

hemant89

TF Premier
Not just payzapp, there will be another way to do payment for rg rent pay id
This I didn't know. Don't we select payzapp while registering? Can we use the same RG ID in some other app or are talking about changing the payment mode in the Redgiraffe registration itself?

iamvinay

TF Neo
Any alternative can someone suggest on this ? I also want pay rent via Magnus this month and would like to get it considered for RP and milestone. Pls suggest ways. Thanks

sxchzy

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
Is there any benefit of paying via credit card? Since there seems to be a surcharge and no reward points? Why not just do RTGS from net banking ? I tried paying with Cred and HDFC infia and i got charged a fee of around 1000rs...
well if you dont get reward points
you always get extended credit period and moreover if renatl paymentrs are counted for milestone
then iut will helpp you reach it

jabwebanged

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
well if you dont get reward points
you always get extended credit period and moreover if renatl paymentrs are counted for milestone
then iut will helpp you reach it

Not worth the fees which come with it, in my opinion. Unless there is a platform or credit card which does not charge extra? Better to do NEFT/RTGS directly.

MangoRush

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Last week, I paid 19,538 Rs through RG using Citibank BillPay and got 156 reward points which is its 1X reward rate.
Any idea about the MCC of RG, so that we can confirm if we are going to get 9X as well on statement date.
Can we call Axis and enquire about the MCC just like SBI ?

Below are the exceptions:
Purchase transactions performed on these Merchant Category Codes (MCC) as allotted by Mastercard® & Visa shall not earn rewards: Transportation & Tolls (4111, 4121, 4131 & 4784), Utilities (4900), Insurance (5960 & 6300), Educational Institutions (8211, 8241, 8244, 8249 & 8299) and Government Institutions (9211, 9222, 9311, 9399, 9402, 9405 & 8220), refer section 1.6 for additional details on MCC.

Effective 1 st August 2023, purchase transactions performed on these additional Merchant Category Codes (MCC) as allotted by Mastercard® & Visa shall not earn rewards: Rent (6513), Wallet (6540), Insurance (6381, 6012, 6051), Utilities (4814, 4816, 4899), Fuel (5172,5541,5542,5983).

Abhishek20

TF Premier
Do other hdfc card like regalia/millenia/DCP give any reward points?
Even if they don't, does it make sense (and do they even count towards it) to use them just to achieve spend milestones like 1.5L/quarter or 5L/yr for regalia?

R@ndomiz€r

TF Select
Do other hdfc card like regalia/millenia/DCP give any reward points?
Even if they don't, does it make sense (and do they even count towards it) to use them just to achieve spend milestones like 1.5L/quarter or 5L/yr for regalia?
It does count to milestone for Regalia but the overall charges and surcharge coupled with crappy reward rate of Regalia make it totally worthless to go through the hassle. On a hypothetical rent of 10k you will lose around ₹300 on transaction fees and rent surcharge by HDFC. That's ₹6000 a year in fees. With Regalia that's not worth it even with the milestone points that will be credited. And for just a credit of 45 days, this is not worth it.

If you have a highly rewarding card then maybe it makes some sense but definitely not for a card like Regalia.

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Kotak & Indusind are two banks that still do levy any surcharge on rent payments & also count give reward points / milestone benefits on those spends !

Abhishek20

TF Premier
It does count to milestone for Regalia but the overall charges and surcharge coupled with crappy reward rate of Regalia make it totally worthless to go through the hassle. On a hypothetical rent of 10k you will lose around ₹300 on transaction fees and rent surcharge by HDFC. That's ₹6000 a year in fees. With Regalia that's not worth it even with the milestone points that will be credited. And for just a credit of 45 days, this is not worth it.

If you have a highly rewarding card then maybe it makes some sense but definitely not for a card like Regalia.
How is it ₹300 for 10K? Considering ~0.46% RG charges and 1st HDFC cc rent payment per month free of surcharge, it would only come out to ₹46 for 10K.

• ₹690 for 150K -> ₹1500 voucher (possible each quarter). Profit = ₹810
  • ₹2300 for 500K -> ₹5000 flight voucher + ₹1500 x 3 vouchers (considering spends spread over 3 different quarters) = ₹9500. Profit = ₹7200
  • ₹3450 for 750K -> ₹5000 x 2 flight voucher + ₹1500 x 4 vouchers (considering spends spread over 4 different quarters) = ₹16000. Profit = ₹12550

Seems worth it to me...obviously if you have that high of a rent and if those vouchers are useful to you.