• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which card to apply for; for using post 1L in Magnus

isatyajeet

TF Select
VIP Lounge
It's only been 3 months with Magnus. I made a post initially, when I was wondering if I should get this card or not, I wasn't sure because I thought I won't be able to utilise it to its fullest. Thanks to this community, I made the right choice. I'm reaching the milestone every month. No, I'm not spending unnecessary just to reach to the milestone. I have it under control. I am also learning new things about Miles game every day!
But I am using Magnus post 1L as well, because I don't have any other good card. Limit for Magnus is 5L. I also have a LTF Regalia, which is only 6 months old, but the limit is not much, 2.3L, so I'm not expecting to get Infinia any time soon. Then I have a LTF IndusInd Legend, which is just useless for me, and then I have an Amazon Pay card.

Which card should I add in my small portfolio? I have read posts similar to this, and people recommended Reserve a lot. The thing is, although I am reaching 1L milestone easily, and I am sure I'll be able to reach it many more times in upcoming months, I still can't justify the Joining fees of Reserve. It's a great card, with great lifestyle benefits, but I don't have that lifestyle, not right now.

Thanks!

It's only been 3 months with Magnus. I made a post initially, when I was wondering if I should get this card or not, I wasn't sure because I thought I won't be able to utilise it to its fullest. Thanks to this community, I made the right choice. I'm reaching the milestone every month. No, I'm not spending unnecessary just to reach to the milestone. I have it under control. I am also learning new things about Miles game every day!
But I am using Magnus post 1L as well, because I don't have any other good card. Limit for Magnus is 5L. I also have a LTF Regalia, which is only 6 months old, but the limit is not much, 2.3L, so I'm not expecting to get Infinia any time soon. Then I have a LTF IndusInd Legend, which is just useless for me, and then I have an Amazon Pay card.

Which card should I add in my small portfolio? I have read posts similar to this, and people recommended Reserve a lot. The thing is, although I am reaching 1L milestone easily, and I am sure I'll be able to reach it many more times in upcoming months, I still can't justify the Joining fees of Reserve. It's a great card, with great lifestyle benefits, but I don't have that lifestyle, not right now.

Thanks!
Indus Legend is good for weekend purchase, as it gives 2X RP and each RP = .75P

You should add SBI Cashback, IDFC Wealth to your portfolio

Thanks!
Try upgrading regalia to diners black if infinia not possible
Also take amex plat travel for annual 4 lakh milestone

Okay, so SC Ultimate with 5k annual fees is one option. I can get this thru Magnus C2C, right?
Not sure. Standard chartered is very strict with issuing cards. I had manhattan and upgraded to ultimate. So the trick is apply low end card, apply for limit increase and then apply ultimate via online portal

Dear Satyajeet,
I can totally understand your current situation as we are almost on a same boat.
I will highly suggest you, please keep all your spends on magnus itself, and the reason lies in a milestone that no one is caring about which can be very useful in the case of magnus.
See, we have an annual fee waiver on spends of 15L on Magnus, and everyone literally is IGNORANT about this benefit which shocked me in the first place.
If you calculate spends of 1.25L can reach you there easily and you are sitting on a profit of straight 12k, which is an opportunity cost for the 3L extra spent
This means you're getting a return of 4.8% in airmiles and 4% on top of it, total 8% if you cross 15L on magnus itself, which is huge. Plus the regular annual benefit of Tatacliq voucher is also not snatched away from you, as it is a non conditional benefit as long as you own the Magnus.
In my opinion, you should not go for Reserve which is a big elephant in cc game, and avoid any other card as of now. Refocus your spends on magnus and you'll be able to extract the shit out it. I have seen many such cards in my about to be 20 years of credit cards but, according to me magnus is literally the best one out for anyone who has a spend of 15L or at max 20L in a fiscal year.
Thanks

I use a combination of infinia and Vistara infinite. Vistara for normal spends, infinia for vouchers etc.
I was considering Vistara Infinite previously, then I thought Atlas is better with Magnus. It will give me more options. Combination of Magnus and Atlas should get me more miles, yes?

I was considering Vistara Infinite previously, then I thought Atlas is better with Magnus. It will give me more options. Combination of Magnus and Atlas should get me more miles, yes?
Yes, if you are spend is around 30 lakhs then Magnus + Atlas is deadly combo. You need to use Atlas for 15lakhs to get maximize your returns. I was planning to take Atlas with Magnus but since I have some international spends so going with Magnus + Reserve, I might spend 40 lakhs in this year or so. Next year onwards I'll think about continuing with Reserve.

Should I request for DCB with 2.3L limit on Regalia?
Also, would I be able to upgrade to Infinia from DCB later on after limit reached 8L on DCB?
I am not sure about limit requirement for upgrade to dcb. Better to call customer care & chk. Btw it will be fee based and not ltf like regalia.

Should I request for DCB with 2.3L limit on Regalia?
Also, would I be able to upgrade to Infinia from DCB later on after limit reached 8L on DCB?
Nope. U won't get upgraded to DCB unless u have the limit of 5L. Once ur limit is enhanced to 5L, u can easily get DCB. Post that u can get upgraded to Infinia if ur limit is 8L n good spends of 4-5L in last quarter.

Dear Satyajeet,
I can totally understand your current situation as we are almost on a same boat.
I will highly suggest you, please keep all your spends on magnus itself, and the reason lies in a milestone that no one is caring about which can be very useful in the case of magnus.
See, we have an annual fee waiver on spends of 15L on Magnus, and everyone literally is IGNORANT about this benefit which shocked me in the first place.
If you calculate spends of 1.25L can reach you there easily and you are sitting on a profit of straight 12k, which is an opportunity cost for the 3L extra spent
This means you're getting a return of 4.8% in airmiles and 4% on top of it, total 8% if you cross 15L on magnus itself, which is huge. Plus the regular annual benefit of Tatacliq voucher is also not snatched away from you, as it is a non conditional benefit as long as you own the Magnus.
In my opinion, you should not go for Reserve which is a big elephant in cc game, and avoid any other card as of now. Refocus your spends on magnus and you'll be able to extract the shit out it. I have seen many such cards in my about to be 20 years of credit cards but, according to me magnus is literally the best one out for anyone who has a spend of 15L or at max 20L in a fiscal year.
Thanks
I think you are wrong in one place. If you are not paying annual fee then you won't get Tata cliq 10k voucher as annual benefit. Or may be I got wrong in what you are conveying.

I would Say

Magnus + Atlas (In case of no overseas spending)

Magnus + Reserve (In case of high overseas spending)

Magnus + Atlas + Reserve .... for 30L+ Spending

Further,
For more benefit

Read ATLAS as (Atlas for Offline & Hotel + SBI Cashback for all online)

I think you are wrong in one place. If you are not paying annual fee then you won't get Tata cliq 10k voucher as annual benefit. Or may be I got wrong in what you are conveying.
Dear @kkk ,
You are absolutely right in understanding what I am trying to convey but as per my experience till now I know that if we qualify for the annual fee waiver, the process that happens is that first an annual fee including gst is charged then either in the same statement or in next statement it is shown as reversed.
So according to my philosophy the Axis system will send an alert to Thriwe that annual fee is paid, but thriwe will not come to know when it is reversed, so according to that logic, we must be getting a Tatacliq voucher even after meeting Annual fee waiver.
Note: I maybe completely wrong in this logic as I have not been using this card since a year and neither confirmed this from customer care.
I would highly request a knowledgeable and experienced Magnus card holder to comment on this topic who has some real clarity.

Back