• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which Card to use for Scooter purchase?

Which card should i swipe at the dealer place to get maximum benefit via reward points. I am looking to buy a honda scooter (around 1 lakh) and these are the cards that i currently hold.
1. HDFC Millenia & Tata Neu Infinity
2. Idfc Wealth
3. Sbi Cashback
4. Au Ixigo
5. ICICI Dual Sapphiro
6. Axis Neo
7. BOB premier

Which card should i swipe at the dealer place to get maximum benefit via reward points. I am looking to buy a honda scooter (around 1 lakh) and these are the cards that i currently hold.
2. Idfc Wealth
3. Sbi Cashback
4. Au Ixigo
5. ICICI Dual Sapphiro
6. Axis Neo
7. BOB premier
Have you confirmed with the dealer about the MCC code of the POS?

2. Idfc Wealth
3. Sbi Cashback
4. Au Ixigo
5. ICICI Dual Sapphiro
6. Axis Neo
7. BOB premier
First know the MCC of merchant, here's how IMG_20240808_151302_794.jpg
Now if MCC not excluded in SBI cashback card, use SBI cashback card for purchase after turning on online transaction using Bharat QR & get 5% cashback
Know more details about Bharat QR -

Hope it answers your query, you can mark my answer as solution by clicking best answer ☑️ button below my reply.

no, will have to check with the dealer
It would be better to confirm that.
The method has been shared above in case dealer does not know the MCC. Also its better to confirm by self so that there is not misunderstanding.

If its insurance MCC (used by most vehicle dealers), there isn;t much scope.
In this case you can look into booking it online if possible. Confirm with honda/dealer.

Remember to disable all transaction before.

1723172643362.png

Last month I purchased car with Tata Neu - It was a machine swipe and I got 1.5% reward.

Surprisingly I also pay to Big Basket (So called a Tata Comany) using Tata Neu and this does not fetch any rewards.

If I use Millennia card to swipe, then will i be getting 1000 (1% cashback) and 1000 (quarterly milestone) if the MCC is insurance also?
around 2% cashback will be there and can cover mdr charges if can't be negotiated plus extra 1% cashback for bill payment using hdfc platinum debit card. Net gain of 1% + interest free period (1 month). Better than paying full in cash?

If I use Millennia card to swipe, then will i be getting 1000 (1% cashback) and 1000 (quarterly milestone) if the MCC is insurance also?
around 2% cashback will be there and can cover mdr charges if can't be negotiated plus extra 1% cashback for bill payment using hdfc platinum debit card. Net gain of 1% + interest free period (1 month). Better than paying full in cash?
Y e s

Cashback cards are not the best for big purchases. :)
But at the same time I do not see any cards which will help you with milestone benefit on earning RP(s).

If there are 0 MDR, just go ahead with Tata Neu Infinity and grab the 1.5% NeuCoins.

Cashback cards are not the best for big purchases. :)
But at the same time I do not see any cards which will help you with milestone benefit on earning RP(s).

If there are 0 MDR, just go ahead with Tata Neu Infinity and grab the 1.5% NeuCoins.
I will get more cashback with Millennia right ? it will be close to 2% cashback while tata neu infinity gives only 1.5%. ( considering same mdr for both visa and rupay)

Back