• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which Card to use for Scooter purchase?

yes it's there. But i am looking to buy honda vehicle which is neither on flipkart nor amazon.
Did you confirm with Honda whether they allow online booking or not?

If they say yes, then you need to also figure out of dealer is giving you a better deal or online mode.

In the past, I have seen some advertisements for Activa (not sure if it was Honda or the dealer) for HDFC 5% cashback on CC payment. Some older were for SBI cards too, but can vary on non-EMI or EMI. But there is nothing wrong in confirming with Honda whether there is any such offer running.

Regardless if there is no offer, and they allow online payment, it still is good.

Last edited:
Try to book the vehicle by their official website by selecting your dealer choice, I recently bought a Jupiter 125 where i paid 96k around in the website and rest through upi payment in the showroom during delivery.
Did you use SBI Cashback Card? How to purchase/book scooty from TVS website?

bhai kindly share how you negotiated for zero MDR, everyone would be benefitted. mujhe bhi diwali tk leni hai nayi activa bhai. suna hai naya model launch kr rhe hain diwali tk honda vale.
Directly dealer ae baat karni padegi and tell him other dealer is ready for zero mdr but he's not having the particular colour that you like etc etc.. Art of negotiation

I used Diners black card

Register your account in TVS website and select a vehicle and follow the order path
Got it. Do we need to pay some extra amount apart from quoted onroad price in Web site? I was trying to buy new tvs Jupiter, online onroad price showing 1.03L , however dealer is quoting 1 08L.

Got it. Do we need to pay some extra amount apart from quoted onroad price in Web site? I was trying to buy new tvs Jupiter, online onroad price showing 1.03L , however dealer is quoting 1 08L.
What is the price breakup mentioned in invoice that you are paying online? Is it online the Ex-Shoroom price?

Does it include below items -
1- RTO/RC Registration
2- Insurance
3- PDI / Handling Charges (Not Mandatory)
4- Mandatory & Standard Accessories.

Try to book the vehicle by their official website by selecting your dealer choice, I recently bought a Jupiter 125 where i paid 96k around in the website and rest through upi payment in the showroom during delivery.
Need a little bit of help here as planning to purchase via TVS
Do you know the MCC?
Which card did you use?
How much was the reward ratio?
Any other charges on top?
I saw the ex showroom is 73k in my case but they are accounting for 92k in the final payment page. Including insurance and RTO also it shouldn't be that high or am I mistaken here?

Which card should i swipe at the dealer place to get maximum benefit via reward points. I am looking to buy a honda scooter (around 1 lakh) and these are the cards that i currently hold.
1. HDFC Millenia & Tata Neu Infinity
2. Idfc Wealth
3. Sbi Cashback
4. Au Ixigo
5. ICICI Dual Sapphiro
6. Axis Neo
7. BOB premier
IDFC wealth is a good option as post 20K , you get 10x rewards so 2-2.5%

Do you know the MCC?
Which card did you use?
I saw the ex showroom is 73k in my case but they are accounting for 92k in the final payment page. Including insurance and RTO also it shouldn't be that high or am I mistaken here?
Better reach out to a nearby dealer and compare.
I know dealer price will be a little more, but only for comparison sake, and you will know which item will cost how much.

Do you know the MCC?
Which card did you use?
The calculation is as below -

73k + 28% GST would come close to - 93k/-

Do you know the MCC?
Which card did you use?
I have recently been in market for Jupiter 125 Alloy Disc Varient. Below is the information that I captured.

Exshowroom price - 92030/- (Compared online & offline both)

Total on road comes to - 1.13L approx.

There is a catch in Insurance premium quoted by dealer, You can get the insurance done from outside or online and would easily save appropriate 2k compared to dealer price.

Back