• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which ICICI credit card is better?

RajSingh133

TF Buzz
ICICI is offering following credit cards as lifetime free:
  • Coral Credit card
  • Manchester United Platinum Credit Card
Below are the features explained by the agent:

Coral Credit card
  1. Movie Ticket offer
  2. 1% fuel surchard waiver at HPCL fuel outlet
  3. Minimum of 15% discount on dining at over 2500 restaurants under the Culinary Treats programme
  4. Earn 2 PAYBACK points on every INR 100 spent on other transactions
  5. Complimentary Domestic Airport Lounge access
Manchester United Platinum Credit Card
  1. All points of coral credit card above plus below point.
  2. Discounts on Manchester United merchandise from the Manchester United store and Online portal.
I am unable to find pdfs at icici.com detailing card features in very detail for both the cards!!! At once, I feel that Manchester CC is a lot niche and worried if it will get same number of offers (during online sales) as Coral. On the other hand, Manchester CC has "platinum" in its name, so was thinking if its better than Coral. But also I am not a Football fan. My main purpose will be buying things on discount during online sales.

PS: I already have ICICI Amazon CC. But in some online sales Amazon CC is disallowed. Thats why I am looking for another ICICI CC.

Last edited:
  • Coral Credit card

Coral Credit card
  1. Movie Ticket offer
  3. Minimum of 15% discount on dining at over 2500 restaurants under the Culinary Treats programme
  2. Discounts on Manchester United merchandise from the Manchester United store and Online portal.
I am unable to find pdfs at icici.com detailing card features in very detail for both the cards!!! At once, I feel that Manchester CC is a lot niche and worried if it will get same number of offers (during online sales) as Coral. On the other hand, Manchester CC has "platinum" in its name, so was thinking if its better than Coral. But also I am not a Football fan. My main purpose will be buying things on discount during online sales.

PS: I already have ICICI Amazon CC. But in some online sales Amazon CC is disallowed. Thats why I am looking for another ICICI CC.
go with coral

• Coral Credit card

Coral Credit card
  1. Movie Ticket offer

I think both cards come under visa platinum tier. If you are not a football lover, take coral card.

• Coral Credit card

Coral Credit card
  1. Movie Ticket offer

Coral without doubt.

How did you know coral is platinum tier?
I found this from ICICI Bank website. It is Visa platinum card
I got pre approved LTF offer for this card some years ago. That time also it was visa platinum. But I took Ferrari Platinum card even though it was paid one

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-10-14-53-54-11_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-10-14-53-54-11_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 20
Take Coral (not co-branded), can be upgraded to higher variants with similar rewards.

And a big note, take only if it is LTF.

Coral Credit card
  1. Movie Ticket offer - Forgot it 25% only and Quota issues. Heard Train tatkal bookings, similar process and timings.
  2. 1% fuel surcharge waiver at HPCL fuel outlet - Only if POS is ICICI bank, how can we sure that.? So, ignore
  3. Minimum of 15% discount on dining at over 2500 restaurants under the Culinary Treats program - Small set of hotels and ignore because no offers nowadays.
  4. Earn 2 PAYBACK points on every INR 100 spent on other transactions - 0.50% Reward rate, we're in 2023 min. Offline spends rewards 2% and Online spends 5%, ignore and who is that agent? ICICI no longer tied up with Payback, but same reward rate.
  5. Complimentary Domestic Airport Lounge access - Maybe useful, depends on airport and support.
  2. Discounts on Manchester United merchandise from the Manchester United store and Online portal - not a football fan, ignore and useless anyway.
------------
Despite no benefits still suggesting Coral because for ICICI offers only and only if it is LTF.

Do you know that, Platinum = Coral = Rubyx = Sapphiro = 2 Reward Points on every INR 100.

Comparison found in ICICI website itself, see and decide.
-------------

ICICI cards are only for 10% offers and to get better reward rate cards using c2c, not for reward rate or features. Up-to Sapphiro none of them good.
good job bro (y)

Take Coral (not co-branded), can be upgraded to higher variants with similar rewards.

And a big note, take only if it is LTF.

Coral Credit card
  1. Movie Ticket offer - Forgot it 25% only and Quota issues. Heard Train tatkal bookings, similar process and timings.
  2. 1% fuel surcharge waiver at HPCL fuel outlet - Only if POS is ICICI bank, how can we sure that.? So, ignore
  3. Minimum of 15% discount on dining at over 2500 restaurants under the Culinary Treats program - Small set of hotels and ignore because no offers nowadays.
  4. Earn 2 PAYBACK points on every INR 100 spent on other transactions - 0.50% Reward rate, we're in 2023 min. Offline spends rewards 2% and Online spends 5%, ignore and who is that agent? ICICI no longer tied up with Payback, but same reward rate.
  5. Complimentary Domestic Airport Lounge access - Maybe useful, depends on airport and support.
  2. Discounts on Manchester United merchandise from the Manchester United store and Online portal - not a football fan, ignore and useless anyway.
------------
Despite no benefits still suggesting Coral because for ICICI offers only and only if it is LTF.

Do you know that, Platinum = Coral = Rubyx = Sapphiro = 2 Reward Points on every INR 100.

Comparison found in ICICI website itself, see and decide.
-------------

ICICI cards are only for 10% offers and to get better reward rate cards using c2c, not for reward rate or features. Up-to Sapphiro none of them good.
Well said (y)

Take Coral ...
First of all, super thanks for awesome highlighted points!!!
After going through TnC, I also realized that those subtle TnC of makes CC features effectively useless. Its like, free meal only if eaten at 4 AM at night! ICICI seems not getting rid of its antiques and continue to scam their customers.

Btw, what do you mean by:
Q1. "only for 10% offers" - you mean in online festival sales right?
Q2. "to get better reward rate cards using c2c" - what is "reward rate cards" and "c2c"?
Q3. "Up-to Sapphiro none of them good" - You mean in the order you meantioned "Platinum, Coral, Rubyx, Sapphiro"? hat is "Platinum, Coral, Rubyx" are useless?

If you hold a savings account with ICICI, I would suggest to skip both these cards and wait for a better card to be offered. Try maintaining a good NRV for about 3-4 months, you may get a LTF offer for the Sapphiro.

Back