• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which of my card are best for NPS contribution?

Ram

TF Buzz
I have the following cards. Which is best for NPS payment?

HDFC Millinia
Amazon ICICI
Axis ace
Bob select
Sbi Cashback
Kotak 811
HDFC tata neu Infinity

I have the following cards. Which is best for NPS payment?

HDFC Millinia
Amazon ICICI
Axis ace
Bob select
Sbi Cashback
Kotak 811
HDFC tata neu Infinity
Seems you are salaried and want to invest 50k in nps 80ccd(1b).
Payment on nps using cc takes convience fee + gst.
While I tried to pay 50k it was showing around 467 rs more.
If any of the cards,you mentioned are in active milestone program go with those.

For an example - in millenia card, if we spend 1 lacs milestone in a quarter, we get 1000rs voucher from hdfc, if by doing now payment, milestone is achieved it is good.
Check all your cards and milestone.

Otherwise, use axis platinum visa debit card/hdfc debit card to get 1% cashback. Because paying extra by cc isn't good idea.

I would suggest you go with a credit card like HSBC or other where they have introductory offer / flat voucher by doing first transaction within 30 days of card issuence.
HSBC gives 10% cashback upto 2,000 on platinum visa credit card on first transaction. But this is not time to do now, as 31st is very close, and if card does not come by that time, it will be waste..

Seems you are salaried and want to invest 50k in nps 80ccd(1b).
Payment on nps using cc takes convience fee + gst.
While I tried to pay 50k it was showing around 467 rs more.
If any of the cards,you mentioned are in active milestone program go with those.

For an example - in millenia card, if we spend 1 lacs milestone in a quarter, we get 1000rs voucher from hdfc, if by doing now payment, milestone is achieved it is good.
Check all your cards and milestone.

Otherwise, use axis platinum visa debit card/hdfc debit card to get 1% cashback. Because paying extra by cc isn't good idea.

I would suggest you go with a credit card like HSBC or other where they have introductory offer / flat voucher by doing first transaction within 30 days of card issuence.
HSBC gives 10% cashback upto 2,000 on platinum visa credit card on first transaction. But this is not time to do now, as 31st is very close, and if card does not come by that time, it will be waste..
Why can't we use Ace CC where we get 2% cashback on 50k which is 1K by paying 467 extra.
Still it's a profit of 533

Why can't we use Ace CC where we get 2% cashback on 50k which is 1K by paying 467 extra.
Still it's a profit of 533
Sorry didn't know about axis Ace, as I don't have this card. Seems to be interesting if given LTF.

@Ram you can choose axis Ace / sbi cashback

Last edited:
Sorry didn't know about axis Ace, as I don't have this card. Seems to be interesting if given LTF.

@Ram you can choose axis Ace / sbi cashback
It's not available as LTF but the joining and annual fee can be recovered easily even if you only spend it for GPay utility transactions

How ? On axis site it says charges waived off if spends are 2 lacs.
Please suggest how else...
Calculate the cashback you'll receive when you use it. It gives unlimited 2% for other spends and 5% for utility bill payments on Google Pay. 4% for swiggy/Zomato and ola spends. Spend 10k in issuing month to get joining fee reversed.

For example, I spend a little over 5k for bill payments every month. That alone will give me 250+ a month.

Back