• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which other credit card is better apart from DCB Metal and Infinia?

Hi,
I have a LTF DCB metal with 5L credit limit. I wanted to know if it would be worthwhile to upgrade to the paid version of Infinia? (given that such an upgrade becomes available). Annual spends are high.
Also, what other credit cards would be best suited? I spend a lot on overseas travel.
Thank you

Hi,
I have a LTF DCB metal with 5L credit limit. I wanted to know if it would be worthwhile to upgrade to the paid version of Infinia? (given that such an upgrade becomes available). Annual spends are high.
Also, what other credit cards would be best suited? I spend a lot on overseas travel.
Thank you
annual spends have to be high on smartbuy categories..only then it makes a significant difference.. not general spends.. else dcb is a grt card

You can have a look at Yes Marquee and Axis atlas
It all depends on your spending pattern
Yes Marquee is something I'll definitely look into.
I have a Magnus (got it 10 days before devaluation happened).
Besides, DCB Metal and Magnus,
I have LTF Kotak White, LTF OneCard.
I also have IDFC Vistara, Amex Platinum Travel.
Planning to close few of these existing ones and get better cards that provide better value.

annual spends have to be high on smartbuy categories..only then it makes a significant difference.. not general spends.. else dcb is a grt card
Yes, agreed. I have decent spends on Smartbuy. But 11.8K infinia fees would have to be borne for some additional benefits. I guess it would turn out the same pretty much.

Yes, agreed. I have decent spends on Smartbuy. But 11.8K infinia fees would have to be borne for some additional benefits. I guess it would turn out the same pretty much.
u said high spends so assumed you wd hit 10L spend.. even if u don't u get points in return so not so bad.. unlike dcb whr no returns when fee is paid.. stay with dcb

12.5k + gst. You get 12.5k back for the metal infinia

However if u get it, you can use infinia abroad for 2.36% forex charges but get 3.3% +1% back making a 2% net returns on foreign spends. Worth it imho. Also, use for smartbuy hotels and redeem for smartbuy flights / tanishq vouchers (if your spends are reimbursed by company or something)

Also... Acceptability against DCB..

This makes a whole lot more sense. Forex + smartbuy hotel-flight combination.
But DCB Metal offers 10K reward points per quarter on spends >4L per quarter. That's 40K reward points/year.
Infinia is not offering this.
Also, it's a hell lot more convenient to carry DCB Metal and use it for lounge across the globe than carry a priority pass along for the same.

Last edited:
So are they still issuing LTF DCB metal under alumni program? I was told they discontinued LTF offer and can offer paid/FYF.
I have DCB LTF since 2020. I guess they discontinued for new cards. New cards get First Year Free and then you get the annual fee waiver on spends of 8L.

Back