• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

which savings account to open for above 2 lakhs monthly salary?

sanjaynandi

TF Select
My salary is just above 2lakhs per month.
current salary account AXIS. the RM is useless. Bank is useless.
I told them not to call. They call me without fail every day for personal loan of 5 lakhs, knowing that my salary is 2lakhs.
I told them, I am sick, still they call me.
Asked RM to provide me AXIS Ace card, LTF, she said not possible. Asked, FK AXIS LTF, she said not possible.
while, I got HDFC tata neu LTF, Regalia LTF, later converted regalia to DCB under alumni program. so HDFC provided better value for me, without having savings account with them.
shall I close Axis account and move to HDFC?
IDFC sent msg to me, no MAB account for LTF. Is it good enough?
I had SBI in past. I closed it. dont want PSU banks.
My requirements are pretty standard. Good net banking support, good app. Good offers from card etc.

I told them not to call. They call me without fail every day for personal loan of 5 lakhs, knowing that my salary is 2lakhs.
Asked RM to provide me AXIS Ace card, LTF, she said not possible. Asked, FK AXIS LTF, she said not possible.
while, I got HDFC tata neu LTF, Regalia LTF, later converted regalia to DCB under alumni program. so HDFC provided better value for me, without having savings account with them.
My requirements are pretty standard. Good net banking support, good app. Good offers from card etc.
Same here , I was using axis priority salary account. No doubt their service was prompt and also was able to open family member priority account easily. But as you are telling the biggest headaches are RM of Axis. My latest RM used to call me every 2 3 days and asked me Kaise ho Sir. They were concerned more than my close family members and then started with Pitching about products Ulip lelo , PL Lelo , Fd Karvalo , medical insurance lelo. Their branch service was OK.

I got axis ace card but thats not ltf , none of axis card u will get ltf expect myzone and iol. I had to open ICICI account as i was took home loan so i closed AXIS as i did not want more accounts and switched my Salary account to HDFC. Used ICICI for 2 3 momths as salary but switched to HDFC as it was my old salary account for 6yrs also they did not charge me a single penny on card or shortfall mab charges when it was not salary. My Hdfc RM is also good so no issues.

U can go with hdfc as you already have it, app is very much ok does basic job. Idfc not sure but i have heard its tech is good but branches are less.

Yes, they call every day without fail. I dont receive call. But, if they cannot offer me a CC LTF by waiving 500Rs annual fee, then I will keep salary there, I mostly keep 70-80k cash there, for all cash expense. + CC bill payment + emergency. Only benfit was Domestic lounge access, for that I have 5 other CC to avail that offer.
I also have kotak debit card n account, but all my SIP goes through kotak. cannot change it online without visiting the AMC office. So, I am stuck with kotak now for many years. They also never provided me any offer or benefits.

Idfc you don't need salary account. just 10k mab, and there are offers for 0MAB also.
Hdfc - why? I had salary account in hdfc , moved to axis. Both are equally useless.

I stand corrected. Go fo hdfc, get easyshop platinum (preferred/classic any) and get 750 per month for bill payment (including cc card). If you are spending more, get family account grouped and converted to preferred and use get 750 more

Yes, they call every day without fail. I dont receive call. But, if they cannot offer me a CC LTF by waiving 500Rs annual fee, then I will keep salary there, I mostly keep 70-80k cash there, for all cash expense. + CC bill payment + emergency. Only benfit was Domestic lounge access, for that I have 5 other CC to avail that offer.
I also have kotak debit card n account, but all my SIP goes through kotak. cannot change it online without visiting the AMC office. So, I am stuck with kotak now for many years. They also never provided me any offer or benefits.
Yes then you can close Axis and continue to use hdfc if you have an account as in hdfc there is 1% cashback offer for paying non hdfc cc bills using debit card. Or else you can use kotak also as sal account. Frankly speaking salary account these days are more or less similar u can choose based on the one nearest to you or u can use an existing one

Last edited:
I stand corrected. Go fo hdfc, get easyshop platinum (preferred/classic any) and get 750 per month for bill payment (including cc card). If you are spending more, get family account grouped and converted to preferred and use get 750 more
There is a classic or some premium account of HDFC smilar to liberty account of axis. so, i want to get that along with a debit card where I will get CC bill pay cash bak of something. my CC bill pay is around 30k per month. I think it will be little better than axis cards. anyways axis magnus is devalued and I have DCB card.

Get this zero balance idfc account .. may be for keeping saving balance here as they give better interest.. convert your account to wealth account and get wealth debit card which has international lounge access as well..
You do not require to open salary account in IDFC...
I am also in similar boat as you... Similar salary.. DCB, investment from Kotak account.. IDFC banks app is great.. in HDFC kotak axis idfc.. HDFC app is worst

Negotiate with BM to get burgundy salary account with zero mab and along with it comes LTF magnus. Otherwise say tata goodbye to them and move to hdfc. Pre negotiate for infinia before moving

If you are looking for cc
There is 2 options.
Axis, hdfc & icici.
Negotiate with them , which ever providing you good value, go with them.

Negotiate with BM to get burgundy salary account with zero mab and along with it comes LTF magnus. Otherwise say tata goodbye to them and move to hdfc. Pre negotiate for infinia before moving
I have DCB LTF through alumni program, I am not much aware of Infinia, but I will ask, but, if they dont offer it LTF, which is unlinkely, then I wont bother paying premium charges for the CC.

I have DCB LTF through alumni program, I am not much aware of Infinia, but I will ask, but, if they dont offer it LTF, which is unlinkely, then I wont bother paying premium charges for the CC.
By paying infinia fee you get equivalent points which is equal to equivalent rs. So you have to pay gst only

Back