• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

which savings account to open for above 2 lakhs monthly salary?

sanjaynandi

TF Select
My salary is just above 2lakhs per month.
current salary account AXIS. the RM is useless. Bank is useless.
I told them not to call. They call me without fail every day for personal loan of 5 lakhs, knowing that my salary is 2lakhs.
I told them, I am sick, still they call me.
Asked RM to provide me AXIS Ace card, LTF, she said not possible. Asked, FK AXIS LTF, she said not possible.
while, I got HDFC tata neu LTF, Regalia LTF, later converted regalia to DCB under alumni program. so HDFC provided better value for me, without having savings account with them.
shall I close Axis account and move to HDFC?
IDFC sent msg to me, no MAB account for LTF. Is it good enough?
I had SBI in past. I closed it. dont want PSU banks.
My requirements are pretty standard. Good net banking support, good app. Good offers from card etc.

Negotiate with BM to get burgundy salary account with zero mab and along with it comes LTF magnus. Otherwise say tata goodbye to them and move to hdfc. Pre negotiate for infinia before moving
I spoke to BM of an axis bank, he said even if he opens it now, account would be auto degraded if salary net credit is not more than 3 lakhs. So there is a strict check of above 3 lakhs net credit.

I spoke to BM of an axis bank, he said even if he opens it now, account would be auto degraded if salary net credit is not more than 3 lakhs. So there is a strict check of above 3 lakhs net credit.
I think other option is to open wife's burgundy account with 5 lakh check and add yourself in family banking and become burgundy.. but will need to maintain 10 lakh at family level to keep burgundy status

I went to hdfc branch. They cannot open preffered or imperia salary account directly. After 3-4 salary credit, they convert the account to higher level account with all the benefits and standard across all branches of HDFC. Otherwise I can open savings account now.

I went to hdfc branch. They cannot open preffered or imperia salary account directly. After 3-4 salary credit, they convert the account to higher level account with all the benefits and standard across all branches of HDFC. Otherwise I can open savings account now.

You can open a corporate salary account online. then you can convert it to a preferred/imperia account based on what salary amount is credited. I had mine upgraded by the branch after one month of salary credit.

You can open a corporate salary account online. then you can convert it to a preferred/imperia account based on what salary amount is credited. I had mine upgraded by the branch after one month of salary credit.
ok, so will they change it in 1 month? my only concern is, when I open normal salary acc they provide me some basic DC. but, I want the good DC like milennia etc. which will be LTF based on the premium account. thats why I asked to directly open the preferred account as salary. their criteria is 1.5lakhs salary for preferred, which I fulfill. but they said, not possible.

ok, so will they change it in 1 month? my only concern is, when I open normal salary acc they provide me some basic DC. but, I want the good DC like milennia etc. which will be LTF based on the premium account. thats why I asked to directly open the preferred account as salary. their criteria is 1.5lakhs salary for preferred, which I fulfill. but they said, not possible.
I opened a corporate salary account online and received an EasyShop Platinum DC which gives 1% cashback.
You can upgrade the DC after you open your account and get it upgraded to Preferred/Imperia. That would be free.
And yes, After one-month salary credit, you can ask your RM/BM to upgrade your account.
BTW This all depends if you have your company on their corporate partner list. The drop-down will show this when you apply for the account online.

I just opened Preferred Salary account directly with them via Branch Route. It needs initial funding of 5L in the form of a cheque, You can withdraw that money and still maintain Preferred status as long as the Salary getting credited there meets the criteria.

I opened a corporate salary account online and received an EasyShop Platinum DC which gives 1% cashback.
You can upgrade the DC after you open your account and get it upgraded to Preferred/Imperia. That would be free.
And yes, After one-month salary credit, you can ask your RM/BM to upgrade your account.
BTW This all depends if you have your company on their corporate partner list. The drop-down will show this when you apply for the account online.
Any difference between normal and preferred debit cards ? I have preferred salary account

They call me without fail every day for personal loan of 5 lakhs, knowing that my salary is 2lakhs.
Asked RM to provide me AXIS Ace card, LTF, she said not possible. Asked, FK AXIS LTF, she said not possible.
Dude you got 2LPM and haggling for 499. Ace fee waiver after 2L spends in a year.

Back