• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Why govt/public banks are so bad?

yobro

TF Select
Recently I opened BRO account in BOB.
I live in Gujarat and my permanent address is of Delhi (,moved here in 2017).
I request them to deliver my kit/debit card on Gujarat address and even gave necessary proof of fact that I am living here in Gujarat along with declaration form of my current address still they delivered it on my Delhi address which was returned bank.
I was trying to open account in SBI, they were also saying that they will deliver my kit on aadhar permanent address.
Why these govt. Banks do like this.
I have opened account in multiple private banks and all these banks delivered kits in Gujarat.
Also the Vkyc never works in these banks.
I filled entire applications in in BOB and yono app and when it comes to Vkyc they always fail.
I had to visit branch for BRO account.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I request them to deliver my kit/debit card on Gujarat address and even gave necessary proof of fact that I am living here in Gujarat along with declaration form of my current address still they delivered it on my Delhi address which was returned bank.
I was trying to open account in SBI, they were also saying that they will deliver my kit on aadhar permanent address.
I have opened account in multiple private banks and all these banks delivered kits in Gujarat.
I filled entire applications in in BOB and yono app and when it comes to Vkyc they always fail.
Then change your address on addhar while availing services and then change it back to orginal.. its not that hard

For the inconvenience

There is option of Current address as communication address..

As far as gov bank are concerned they suck big time

deep@vie

TF Legend
Because promotions & hikes for government banks employees is not dependent on business generated so they don't care about customer.

AritraSaha

TF Legend
in SBI , you can get your debit card delivered at the current address from the app itself.

darshanbafna

TF Buzz
In BOB you can change you communication address and tell them to deliver to your communication address, your permanent address will be aadhaar address but communication will be your current address where they will deliver

doraemon

TF Ace
For bob u can log a complaint on their grievances redressal system
They will help in sorting out the matter
For sbi
Basic cards are available on app free of cost (virtual)

For long term perspective u should consider changing the address in aadhar

sidp

TF Ace
one obvious reason is corruption. When you have whole ecosystem where competency/Merit scores less than luck( your birth), these things are bound to happen. Plus not to mention govt itself directing for profit organization to act as a branch of govt.

What's even worse is this is not limited to psb. Same thing happened with me. Icici had written both adhaar address and correspondence address in the letter but only adhaar address was visible. Luckily my current address is just 2-300 m away.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Then change your address on addhar while availing services and then change it back to orginal.. its not that hard

For the inconvenience

There is option of Current address as communication address..

As far as gov bank are concerned they suck big time
PSU banks are the BEST.. simple and no big promises of great service or rewards or anything.. Go to branch for everything and you will rarely be disappointed.. dont compare with pvt banks.. big promises and sad service