• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Why I didn't get limit enhancement on HDFC INFINIA credit card

ADITYA1904

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I had HDFC Infinia since 2 years and spending is also descent around 10l but despite great spending they still didnt offer automatic limit enhancement ever single once since I upgraded to infinia with 8l limit 2 years before…hdfc infinia is my primary card for all spending still…any input for this will help…

Write to customer care and ask for an CL enhancement. If your spend is around 10L / yr, I assume you aren’t crossing more than 10-15% utilisation on your CL frequently, hence an auto CLE hasn’t been offered.

I had HDFC Infinia since 2 years and spending is also descent around 10l but despite great spending they still didnt offer automatic limit enhancement ever single once since I upgraded to infinia with 8l limit 2 years before…hdfc infinia is my primary card for all spending still…any input for this will help…
and by the way what are u going to do with more LE with Infinia? if hdfc is launching/launched a new cc that requires limit of 12-15L then it's ok to ask/want. The current limit u hold it can give a power to apply most of the cc in this industry as C2C.
if it;s just for feel good factor then as u wish.

Write to customer care and ask for an CL enhancement. If your spend is around 10L / yr, I assume you aren’t crossing more than 10-15% utilisation on your CL frequently, hence an auto CLE hasn’t been offered.
Chances of LE on CC improves if we utilise more CL ? 🤔
Then I should start doing that ...

Chances of LE on CC improves if we utilise more CL ? 🤔
Then I should start doing that ...

For your query @gurubhai I think the response by @amit is very apt. Don't let your feel good factor drive spends, be practical about it.
and by the way what are u going to do with more LE with Infinia? if hdfc is launching/launched a new cc that requires limit of 12-15L then it's ok to ask/want. The current limit u hold it can give a power to apply most of the cc in this industry as C2C.

That said, the point is if you are utilising your CL more and more, it shows that you have a need for a higher credit limits because your spends are already close to the limit, hence a case for higher CL can be made.

Be careful though, as over time this higher credit utilisation will impact your credit score (shows hunger for credit, assuming your hitting more than 30% of your overall CLs across cards) - obviously if your spends are well with in your income you are better placed.

Last edited:
in the above thread find email address of hdfc and mentioned your detail and ask for reason of no LE given in 2 year through email.

For your query @gurubhai I think the response by @amit is very apt. Don't let your feel good factor drive spends, be practical about it.

That said, the point is if you are utilising your CL more and more, it shows that you have a need for a higher credit limits because your spends are already close to the limit, hence a case for higher CL can be made.

Be careful though, as over time this higher credit utilisation will impact your credit score (shows hunger for credit, assuming your hitting more than 30% of your overall CLs across cards) - obviously if your spends are well with in your income you are better placed.
I do prepay 3 days before month end and keep my utilisation as low as possible for credit bureaus. Also sometimes I have prepaid before bill generation as well.
I don't know what banks look for while giving LE. Total monthly spends or Bill generated amount.
As HDFC don't report CL to credit bureaus, I really want to give one long shot so that may be my highest expenditure reported can be treated as CL 😅

Reactions: Max
Sir, high credit limit is always good in many ways like
It helps upgrading to higher card in future,
Better overall credit utilisation ratio in cibil,
Also helps in c2c
Also helps in high value purchases and transactions, international trips
Also feel good as you said

Back