• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Why is Mumbai international airport lounge so bad?

S.S.

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So if I have vistara gold then I can access the adani international lounge? Also will they ask for the physical card? My wife got it but I didn't get the physical vistara gold card.

SarPanch

TF Buzz
Oh ok ok ,
We are having an upcoming dubai trip .
Flights are
Bangalore to Dubai ( Mumbai layover)
Dubai to Bangalore ( Mumbai layover) .
I am trying to find less crowded place to stay on layover time .

It's sad only 1 lounge access available in Mumbai international terminal, where in Bangalore we have 2 options (BLR and 080).

I believe you would have travelled by now.
Can you throw some light now on which Lounge you chose and which one was the better one.

I have a Delhi - Dubai Flight (layover Mumbai) and similarly Dubai to Delhi Flight (Layover Mumbai)

sarainfo12

TF Premier
I believe you would have travelled by now.
Can you throw some light now on which Lounge you chose and which one was the better one.

I have a Delhi - Dubai Flight (layover Mumbai) and similarly Dubai to Delhi Flight (Layover Mumbai)
At Mumbai we don't have other option while going to Dubai , so we chosen loyalty lounge , it's average one and chicken gravy with white rice was good one . They didn't allow me to record videos. I was expected much crowded but no, we went directly and swiped our cards (time was around 2:30pm ) .
Adani international lounge they allowing only for business class people. Not based on cards .
When returning we tried to get adani domestic lounge terminal 2 , but they closed it that time and diverted to loyalty lounge (domestic ) . But long queue was there and my wife don't have the patience to stand on queue because of we were very tired and time was midnight 2am .
So we skipped it.

At Dubai i tried to access sleep and fly lounge which only for sleeping purpose. No drinks or any other things . They have only rooms to sleep.
They accept only priority pass, lounge key . Said no for diners and rupay select cards .
I told them that in rupay website they mentioned this lounge but they denied and mentioned that they stopped accepting rupay and diners card a month ago (looks like contract over ) . Any way I went to that lounge to just check that's all .

Then we tried to ahlan business class lounge, but that receptionist lady don't know how to swipe cards with addon card. ( My wife is primary holder (diners club privilege card) and mine was addon , due to same number she got confused ).

Then we went to marhaba lounge which is decent and little crowded . Foods also limited . We are very light .

SarPanch

TF Buzz
At Mumbai we don't have other option while going to Dubai , so we chosen loyalty lounge , it's average one and chicken gravy with white rice was good one . They didn't allow me to record videos. I was expected much crowded but no, we went directly and swiped our cards (time was around 2:30pm ) .
Adani international lounge they allowing only for business class people. Not based on cards .
When returning we tried to get adani domestic lounge terminal 2 , but they closed it that time and diverted to loyalty lounge (domestic ) . But long queue was there and my wife don't have the patience to stand on queue because of we were very tired and time was midnight 2am .
So we skipped it.

At Dubai i tried to access sleep and fly lounge which only for sleeping purpose. No drinks or any other things . They have only rooms to sleep.
They accept only priority pass, lounge key . Said no for diners and rupay select cards .
I told them that in rupay website they mentioned this lounge but they denied and mentioned that they stopped accepting rupay and diners card a month ago (looks like contract over ) . Any way I went to that lounge to just check that's all .

Then we tried to ahlan business class lounge, but that receptionist lady don't know how to swipe cards with addon card. ( My wife is primary holder (diners club privilege card) and mine was addon , due to same number she got confused ).

Then we went to marhaba lounge which is decent and little crowded . Foods also limited . We are very light .
Why did you not try AviServ Lounge?

Also that means you first came out of arrivals and then did your security check in and went to lounge at Mumbai.

I am also surprised that why did they not allow you in Adani ( If that's listed with your card then you deserve to get inside ).

For Dubai, all I could read is Alhan has the best food options rest are just normal one's.

sarainfo12

TF Premier
I am also surprised that why did they not allow you in Adani ( If that's listed with your card then you deserve to get inside ).
Adani domestic Lounge was closed on that time . They were just doing the cleaning things.

For aviserv , she don't have any cards to access it . Me only had . So we decided go for adani lounge but as I said before they closed for cleaning. No one was allowed .

We messed up too . We didn't collect our checkin baggage, went to domestic terminal thought it will transfer automatically. But then air India person called and asked to clear the customs and give to transfer. It was huge headache to go back and pass every security person . Glad air India employees came and helped all the places to clear security.

This was our first international trip with connecting flights . So we didn't know.

SarPanch

TF Buzz
Adani domestic Lounge was closed on that time . They were just doing the cleaning things.

For aviserv , she don't have any cards to access it . Me only had . So we decided go for adani lounge but as I said before they closed for cleaning. No one was allowed .

We messed up too . We didn't collect our checkin baggage, went to domestic terminal thought it will transfer automatically. But then air India person called and asked to clear the customs and give to transfer. It was huge headache to go back and pass every security person . Glad air India employees came and helped all the places to clear security.

This was our first international trip with connecting flights . So we didn't know.
I understand. Mine is Vistara and the PNR is same let's see if they do it for us.

But thanks for the headsup

sarainfo12

TF Premier
I understand. Mine is Vistara and the PNR is same let's see if they do it for us.

But thanks for the headsup
No bro , when we go to Dubai it auto transfer.
But return , we are coming from different country . So customs checks are mandatory. We have to do it manually for when comes from Dubai . But they are available after customs check just need to give them .