• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Wifi + OTT + Sim, best plan?

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Hamare yaha to jio hai hi nahi ._.
Airtel koi le raha ho, toh do look into their credit card. Kafi faidaaaa
Mere purane ghar se Airtel ne abhi tak set top box aur dish bhi nhi uthaya. 2 saal ho gaye. Kamchor hai Airtel wale. Mujhe bolte hai aap khud dekar jao store pe nhi toh fine lagega. Maine bhi bol diya tha ki khud aake leke jao main Dubai me rehta hun. Compensation chahiye toh Dubai me store khol lo. Jo karna hai kar lo. Uske baad 6 mahine tak call karte rahe. Phir khud bhool gaye. 🤣

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Mere purane ghar se Airtel ne abhi tak set top box aur dish bhi nhi uthaya. 2 saal ho gaye. Kamchor hai Airtel wale. Mujhe bolte hai aap khud dekar jao store pe nhi toh fine lagega. Maine bhi bol diya tha ki khud aake leke jao main Dubai me rehta hun. Compensation chahiye toh Dubai me store khol lo. Jo karna hai kar lo. Uske baad 6 mahine tak call karte rahe. Phir khud bhool gaye. 🤣
10 saal purana daba aur antenna pada hua Airtel ka mere pass 🤣

RadioactiveTabela

TF Premier
Airtel / Jio / ISP reliability kaafi area / building dependent hai. Ask your neighbor which has been more reliable and take that?

All that said, I special hatred for Tata Sky / Tata Play / Tata Indicom / Tata Docomo or whatever they are calling it these days. Absolute garbage.

saucy

TF Ace
Toh kuch security deposit Diya hoga na?

Pankhuri

TF Ace
which city you are from? airtel fiber in comparison to jiofiber?
Tier 3 city, in north India.

Jiofiber prepaid and airtel postpaid used.

Actual service - jiofiber provides good speed. For my work I need to download big data sets(5-10gb files). Both worked mostly the same. Got about 100-120mbps on 150/200mbps connections. Ping for games used to be a bit higher in airtel compared to jio. I found the range of airtel router to be slightly better but both are pretty bottom tier. Know someone who have agency of jio and they tell that that's intentional because they want to sell their mesh network solution, so get the bottom tier routers which work better on small homes.

Ott services - airtel. In a roundabout way. Most of their services are offered through airtel xstream app. So there is no issue of some ott apps working only on set top box and some on other devices. Also jio has this weird requirement of opening the ott app on their set top box once every 30 days or it would not work on your other devices. Even if you don't have a set up box, they outright tell you to get one or get a cheaper plan.

Customer service - this is where jio beats airtel hands down, not even a competition. Got jiofiber in 2019, service just started in city so not many poles which were covered. As a result our connection was over the backyard of 3 houses. Situation improved in march 2021, changed to a pole directly in front of our house. Then after one year, changed again with a different aadhaar to avail free prime, done this year too. All three times, from connection closure request to deposit back in the account time was under 1 week. Very next day their guys come, take their whole equipment away, take your details and in 3-4 days money back.

Airtel on the other hand, I raised the request to cancel the connection over phone. It took them 7 days to cancel the connection. Then no one came to pick up their shit. Had to talk to customer care several time and was told one time that since maximum days to pick up the equipment is 45 days, I should not call before that, was on 42nd day btw. 45th day went by, no one came. Had to shame them with the help of a friend who has decentish following on twitter. Only then their guys came and they expected us to have all the things neatly packed, including the wire connecting with the pole. Didn't even bring their equipment. To get my refund, I had to call them some 20 times and eventually file a complaint on pgportal. Their official story was that t they sent a cheque to me and I received it. Problem was the dates they told were just 4 days after connection cancellation. Which can't be the case as they themselves haven't picked their equipment back. Plus they were not able to tell awb no or even courier partner name or even cheque number. Suddenly after the complaint on pgportal they found the "mistake" in their system and sent me my money through neft.

Will never touch that company again. Jio's customer service more than makes up for any shortcomings if any.

However, I want to ask, is there any use of airtel balance? I have some 4.5k on my mobile number due to my company giving me 500 pm since the pandemic for phone bill. I used to do 84 days recharge and just add to balance in other months.

AritraSaha

TF Legend
I am paying 585(inc gst) for 85 mbps from a local isp.

Had to called them 3 times in last 2 years.. otherwise good.

Anyone using excitel? I heard their super cheap..

sandz

TF Buzz
Am surprised seeing Jio being preferred by many users than Airtel. In my area Airtel provides much better quality broadband service than Jio. Airtel even gives more speed than the plan, for example, 100mbps plan gives 110mbps, 200 gives 220mbps and 300 gives 330mbps.

Regarding jio, you might want know about the privacy breach
cis-india.org/internet-governance/blog/reliance-jio-is-using-sni-inspection-to-block-websites and reddit.com/r/india/comments/aeblpo/r_please_dont_get_jio_gigafiber_and_i_have/

Regarding the OTT, Airtel provides Prime, Hotstar and Netflix based on the plan, the xtreme app is useless. Jio wins here, as Jio gives other OTTs as well with direct account in them.

So choose according to your requirements.

Last edited:

akshayhs

TF Ace
Am surprised seeing Jio being preferred by many users than Airtel. In my area Airtel provides much better quality broadband service than Jio. Airtel even gives more speed than the plan, for example, 100mbps plan gives 110mbps, 200 gives 220mbps and 300 gives 330mbps.

Regarding jio, you might want know about the privacy breach
cis-india.org/internet-governance/blog/reliance-jio-is-using-sni-inspection-to-block-websites and reddit.com/r/india/comments/aeblpo/r_please_dont_get_jio_gigafiber_and_i_have/

Regarding the OTT, Airtel provides Prime, Hotstar and Netflix based on the plan, the xtreme app is useless. Jio wins here, as Jio gives other OTTs as well with direct account in them.

So choose according to your requirements.
Every service (mostly) depends on area of residence, not even city.