• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Will HDFC reissue debit card in case of programme change?

frezcoop

TF Select
Hi folks,

I currently hold imperia hdfc savings account and previously I was preferred. The debit card I currently use is still preferred debit card. Now there's no difference other than design between preferred and imperia debit card. But I am thinking to get it issued. The only problem is, I am not planning on meeting the criteria of imperia account so like after 3-4 months I should auto downgrade to preferred.

Now if I get imperia debit card, will it stop working after the downgrade? That is, HDFC will auto dispatch downgraded debit card? Then it's not worth the hassle to get imperia debit card.

Solution
Hi folks,

I currently hold imperia hdfc savings account and previously I was preferred. The debit card I currently use is still preferred debit card. Now there's no difference other than design between preferred and imperia debit card. But I am thinking to get it issued. The only problem is, I am not planning on meeting the criteria of imperia account so like after 3-4 months I should auto downgrade to preferred.

Now if I get imperia debit card, will it stop working after the downgrade? That is, HDFC will auto dispatch downgraded debit card? Then it's not worth the hassle to get imperia debit card.
There's no difference in debit card, it's just the branding of imperia, preferred, classic etc

They won't auto issue the card...

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Hi folks,

There's no difference in debit card, it's just the branding of imperia, preferred, classic etc

They won't auto issue the card

And you won't be downgraded so easily. So stay chill👍

Solution

frezcoop

TF Select

They won't auto issue the card

And you won't be downgraded so easily. So stay chill👍
Ohk then it makes sense for me to get imperia debit card issued. Because my current debit card is in a pretty bad state. Thanks!

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Hi folks,

Your current DC will continue to work normal until you place an order for a new DC irrespective of upgrade/ downgrade..

sidp

TF Ace
Hi folks,

I don't think they will downgrade the dc as they don't auto upgrade either.

Dc only has branding change, feature stays the same.