• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Wrong Gender in Experian but correct in CIBIL

Ghost655

TF Select
As per @anirbanm and other member suggestions in the forum i downloaded onescore app and registered.
I already had a cibil report with me, but after registering Experian just mailed my cibil report.

And to my horror 2 banks have reported my gender as female. while the other other banks have my correct gender.
Meanwhile my CIBIL shows the correct gender at the top of the report , cibil does not seem to have any bank breakdown.

How can a same report have different gender, what are consequences of having wrong gender. Let me know your advice , and i hve heard we need to get it fixed with banks.

The Culprit Banks :-
BOBCARDS LIMITED
Axis Bank

Last edited:
As per @anirbanm and other member suggestions in the forum i downloaded onescore app and registered.
I already had a cibil report with me, but after registering Experian just mailed my cibil report.
i never had looked at Experian usually as CIBIL is one that usually matters.
And to my horror 2 banks have reported my gender as female. while the other other banks have my correct gender.
Meanwhile my CIBIL shows the correct gender at the top of the report , cibil does not seem to have any bank breakdown.
How can a same report have different gender, what are consequences please of having wrong gender. Let me know your advice , and i hve heard we need to get it fixed with banks.

The Culprit Banks :-
BOBCARDS LIMITED
Axis Bank
Same here with me. However, in my case, all enquiries were made with Female as my Gender.

I
If you really ask me, I won't ask you to sweat it.

This doesn't matter much (my personal thought). And as long as it's fault on bank's end and not yours, don't worry too much.

My annual income in my Cibil was showing as 60 crores or something, which was reported by BOB. As I didn't put this wrong information, I didn't bother much.

Just be careful about your loan accounts, payment history etc.

If you really want to get it corrected, you have to run behind banks, credit bureau and RBI. Otherwise there's nothing much for you to do otherwise.
It does matter sometimes as some banks reject applications on the ground of data mismatch. So customers are at the receiver's end of taking the hit irrespective of where the discrepancy is originated from.

I
It does matter sometimes as some banks reject applications on the ground of data mismatch. So customers are at the receiver's end of taking the hit irrespective of where the discrepancy is originated from.
Do they check for data mismatch every time , my cibil seems okay so thats why i thinking of just to bare with it
will cc and loans application cause issue ?

Is it an issue with Experian i am wondering now. as gender is something no person can usually go wrong on while filling cc application
I think that lenders don't change the default gender. The gender normally comes as dropdown. So, it maybe that Experian has Female on Option 1, Male in Option 2 and Transgender in Option 3, and lenders dont change this option.

Back