• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Wrong payment history reported by bank

The_Beast

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hey everyone!
There is a big problem which i am facing. I have an Auto loan from UCO bank. The payment is done via auto debit from my current account in icici. The problem is that UCO bank has reported payments of Jan, feb and march 2022 as overdue and mentioned under SMA(suspect default) in the credit report. However, the bank statement says otherwise. All the payments have been on time. I visited the branch manager and even he was shocked seeing this. He has even given a written letter that all the payments have been on time and i have a large history of 100%on time payments. This error is due to a problem from bank's side.
I have raised dispute in both cibil and experian, but received no reply yet. My cibil score has fallen from 800s to 600s all because of this. Kindly suggest what should i do? Facing big problems due to this. Even when my payments have been on time, false reporting is being done to these credit companies. 😔😔

Had a serious chat with Branch manager, and the regional head. They have assured that the errors have been corrected by the bank and will be reflected on 15th of may(next reporting date) .
I was checking my report,i see that they have even sent a credit enquiry to CIBIL and mentioned "others" as for the reason behind enquiry. I think that it is a part if pricess for rectification. I hope that correction will be made. I havent involved ombudsman yet. Will wait till the given deadline...
Awaiting your response sir! Please share an update with us if possible. 😊

Awaiting your response sir! Please share an update with us if possible. 😊
Apologies from my side on not being active.
My case hasn't solved yet. I have warned the BM that i may have to take legal action, he has asked me to wait till end of this month. If nothing changes, i will file a case in consumer court...
The customer has to suffer due to mistakes of these financial institutions 😢

Apologies from my side on not being active.
My case hasn't solved yet. I have warned the BM that i may have to take legal action, he has asked me to wait till end of this month. If nothing changes, i will file a case in consumer court...
The customer has to suffer due to mistakes of these financial institutions 😢
Before that shouldn't you file a complaint with RBI? I did in the last week and no progress has been made yet.

Sources say RBI rejects most of the cases upfront due to non maintainable complaint or settle the case in favour of the banks mostly irrespective of where the root cause lies at. 🙂

Before that shouldn't you file a complaint with RBI? I did in the last week and no progress has been made yet.

Sources say RBI rejects most of the cases upfront due to non maintainable complaint or settle the case in favour of thr banks mostly irrespective of where the root cause lies at. 🙂
I don't think rbi will be able to help in this case.. Rbi would have helped if monry was involved, but with credit scores, consumer court will be better, isnt it?

I don't think rbi will be able to help in this case.. Rbi would have helped if monry was involved, but with credit scores, consumer court will be better, isnt it?
While filing complaint, I indeeed noticed an option related to incorrect reporting of credit score which I selected in my case.

Yes we can go to Consumer Court directly but that would also need lot of time and all.

While filing complaint, I indeeed noticed an option related to incorrect reporting of credit score which I selected in my case.

Yes we can go to Consumer Court directly but that would also need lot of time and all.
Ohh. Thats new information.. Will try.. Thanks!
Btw, did you get any reply or any help from rbi?

My recent note to the team. Seems like I'm begging literally 🙂.
These banks takes us for granted.. As if they are doing charity on us...
Its banks who should be behind us, not we.... I dont know what these people think of themselves. I hope your case gets resolved as soon as possible. (hoping same for mine)..
Even rbi doesn't seem interested.. I think i will contact the banking ombudsman first. They are relatively efficient i heard..

Its banks who should be behind us, not we.... I dont know what these people think of themselves. I hope your case gets resolved as soon as possible. (hoping same for mine)..
Even rbi doesn't seem interested.. I think i will contact the banking ombudsman first. They are relatively efficient i heard..
You meant your bank's internal ombudsman?

Any latest developments on your case?

Just extracted a fresh report from CIBIL and all my delayed payments are now corrected and score jumps to 752 from 711.

Thank You @souvikdey2002 for your guidance and assistance. Feeling much more relaxed now 🙏.
Hard Work is all yours's so congratulations to you too after a long tiring fight. I know exactly how grueling this is.
We only need to be financially more & more literate & stop these banks from taking us for granted for anything & everything.

Back