• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Yes bank Imposed utility txn fee on my Rupay Card

Kamalraj

TF Buzz
Yes bank has imposed utility txn fee on my rupay card rupees 740+gst, while transactions have been done through UPI, and credit-cards which yes bank had mentioned for Utility txn 1% list through email, there was no mention of rupay credit-cards, so will the utility spend incurred by those who have rupay cards UPI also be charged utility txn fee?

Solution
I urge people not to think UPI payments on CC as a different payment mode and UPI directives applying on it. It (RuPay CC on UPI) is just a convenience where you aren't punching card number again and again. The swipe whether through UPI or directly online by punching card no. or POS device which is connected to Internet and read card no., expiry and cvv through chip/magstripe, when you swipe, are all same things. If there is charge on Utility for direct CC then it will remain same no matter what payment method you chose.
RuPay/Visa/Mastercard and Credit UPI all are same thing.

You can definitely make a request to the bank, explaining that you were unaware of this; maybe the bank will reverse the charges as a one-time gesture.
Haan I will try this, Actually, these charges have been imposed after the bill was prepared, whereas the 2nd date of this month was the last date for paying the bill of my previous statement, so now the reason for imposing the charges is also not understood.

Haan I will try this, Actually, these charges have been imposed after the bill was prepared, whereas the 2nd date of this month was the last date for paying the bill of my previous statement, so now the reason for imposing the charges is also not understood.
Means u forgot to pay previous months dues? 🥲

I urge people not to think UPI payments on CC as a different payment mode and UPI directives applying on it. It (RuPay CC on UPI) is just a convenience where you aren't punching card number again and again. The swipe whether through UPI or directly online by punching card no. or POS device which is connected to Internet and read card no., expiry and cvv through chip/magstripe, when you swipe, are all same things. If there is charge on Utility for direct CC then it will remain same no matter what payment method you chose.

Solution
Yes this absolutely correct. In fact for some cards like IDFC both Rupay and base card only have one single statement.

People don't actually understand that "UPI" and "Credit on UPI" are two different things.

Similar to Debit Card and Credit Card

All the terms & conditions of banks which are applicable on Credit Card will also be applicable on Credit on UPI.

Even today you will see that many old generation people don't know the difference between Debit Card and Credit Card.

Here I told one thing about humans beings - If you study all of humanity, you’ll realize that whenever we humans advance in technology, there's always a challenge for both the present and older generations to understand.

@shashankrt

This is mistake I made, in understanding the hidden terms of the bank, I thought that on spending Rs 15k on utility directly from Visa Master Rupay card, there will be a charge on it, but not on Rupay card UPI. understood this 😭

People don't actually understand that "UPI" and "Credit on UPI" are two different things.

Similar to Debit Card and Credit Card

All the terms & conditions of banks which are applicable on Credit Card will also be applicable on Credit on UPI.

Even today you will see that many old generation people don't know the difference between Debit Card and Credit Card.

Here I told one thing about humans beings - If you study all of humanity, you’ll realize that whenever we humans advance in technology, there's always a challenge for both the present and older generations to understand.

@shashankrt
Point is notable 👍

Back