• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

You need 2nd SBI Card even if you have SBI Cashback card

SangEUD

TF Select
VIP Lounge
SBI Cashback card will not give instant discount offers anywhere like Amazon, Flipkart, other online platforms sales. It is best for purchase during nonsale period only.

Online offers on SBI Cards are regular and throughout the year. Hence don't close your old SBI Card if you have, once you get the newly launched SBI Cashback card.

As SBI cashback card not eligible for most instant discount in sales, the need for a 2nd SBI card arises. In my opinion there are 4 cards that may suit that purpose

1. SBI Simplyclick: Automatic alternate CC for some people. I have it but due to the 10x Amazon reward rate is ending and also 1L fee waiver criteria is quite high for a card that will only be used for sales. Also the offline RR is just a meager 0.25%. So waiver is hard.

2. SBI Unnati: This card is rumoured to be discontinued. Both the secured and unsecured variants. Alas!

3: SBI BPCL: Same price as Simplyclick but half the fee waiver criteria of 50k. If you have fuel consumption at BPCL pumps then this should be automatic choice.

4. SBI IRCTC: With joining fee 500+GST and annual fee of 300+GST this card has the lowest annual fee of all SBI cards but it does not has any fee waiver criteria.

So the question is what should be the proper alternative SBI card for most people who don't want to spend the annual fee of that card.

SBI BPCL best of the lot
What if someone has Ace/FK too? Then the 1.25% reward rate of the SBI BPCL on grocery/movies etc will not be of any use. In that case 50k spending in a year with just a bike is quite hard actually.
Do you know what is the reward rate if I use it at non-BPCL pumps? And will I get surcharge waiver on that fuel spend on non-BPCL pumps?

What if someone has Ace/FK too? Then the 1.25% reward rate of the SBI BPCL on grocery/movies etc will not be of any use. In that case 50k spending in a year with just a bike is quite hard actually.
Do you know what is the reward rate if I use it at non-BPCL pumps? And will I get surcharge waiver on that fuel spend on non-BPCL pumps?
This card should only be used for sale discounts and fuel filling. This way one can easily cross 50k threshold.

If you are not able to do that then use this card for 2 years then request for closure, putting reason as annual fee, you'll receive a call. Ask them to make it LTF. If you're lucky enough, it will be converted to LTF.

Don't know about surcharge waiver at other fuel stations, but this is a no nonsense card from SBI. (Even Sumanta had just this SBI card before cashback card arrived)

This card should only be used for sale discounts and fuel filling. This way one can easily cross 50k threshold.

If you are not able to do that then use this card for 2 years then request for closure, putting reason as annual fee, you'll receive a call. Ask them to make it LTF. If you're lucky enough, it will be converted to LTF.

Don't know about surcharge waiver at other fuel stations, but this is a no nonsense card from SBI. (Even Sumanta had just this SBI card before cashback card arrived)
Do I need to use SBI swipe machine at BPCL to get the 13X points?

If you are unsure of meeting fee reversal spend of BPCL card then better to go with irctc sbi card. Annul fee is ₹300 + GST

Back