• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Youtube worngfully charged subscription fee.

telescope

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I have taken free trial of youtube family plan with yes bank cc.
Today was the renewal day, so I cancelled 1 week ago and got confirmation from youtube that my subscription won't get renewed.
Suddenly a while ago, got SMS from yes bank that "189 spent at GOOGLEPLAY".

Surprised, I checked at youtube app and it is showing that subscription expired and I am no more a premium user. How to contact youtube/google for this wrongful charge?

Solution
but what to do now? is there any way to get refund of Rs 189? Or shall I initiate chargeback?

Try this..

After loggin to the youtube / gmail account .. click on the below link...

and click on "English ' and follow the prompts... the support is available 24/7 for English ...

All the best...

1718997427724.png
IDFC PNO team promised me to refund Rs 100 for their mistake in February, still waiting for that. Thought of approaching RBI BO, but too lazy for that. It is like it will waste my peace of mind and cost of headache of more than Rs 100.
True that is why I dont deal with anyone who doesn't have self respect...

We can't expect respect from someone who doesn't care about their own self respect...

I just cut them off from my life and enjoy ....

IDFC PNO team promised me to refund Rs 100 for their mistake in February, still waiting for that. Thought of approaching RBI BO, but too lazy for that. It is like it will waste my peace of mind and cost of headache of more than Rs 100.
What sorts of mistake?

It's challenging somehow but sometimes need to teach some lessons so that there would be less chance to repeat the same mistake. Otherwise, nothing gonaa improve, if we all take it lightly and ignore.

Victory will give some relief at the end.

Though it's your call...see what suits the best for your position.

nope didn't. might be their technical fault.
Easy solution for this auto debits :
go to the respective bank's e-mandate prtal and canel the mandate... and then cancel the auto - subscription from the vendor's website...

thats.. all happies...
I do this all the time immediately after subscription..

whereever possible, I do the auto debit from their wallet funded thru GVs.

In this case, I have Google One and Youtube .. both from Google play balance...
case closed...

True that is why I dont deal with anyone who doesn't have self respect...

We can't expect respect from someone who doesn't care about their own self respect...

I just cut them off from my life and enjoy ....
Absolutely. Ifought for 2 months, after which IDFC team accepted their fault. I have absolutely no energy to fight with them again.

There is a saying "never wrestle with pigs, because 1. you get dirty and 2. the pig likes it"

What sorts of mistake?

It's challenging somehow but sometimes need to teach some lessons so that there would be less chance to repeat the same mistake. Otherwise, nothing gonaa improve, if we all take it lightly and ignore.

Victory will give some relief at the end.

Though it's your call...see what suits the best for your position.
those idiots hotlisted my dc without any reason and blamed me that I must have hotlisted it.

Easy solution for this auto debits :
go to the respct bank's e-mandate prtal and canel the mandate... and then cancel the auto - subscription from the vendor's website...

thats.. all happies...
I do this all the time...
Same here bro, I immediately cancel from the bank's end and on last date of that particular subscription.

Bank's (Sihub one) side is the safest one, because when request will be placed to debit, bank won't authorise, and the txn will get failed and no renewal with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: SSV
Same here bro, I immediately cancel from the bank's end and on last date of that particular subscription.

Bank's (Sihub one) side is the safest one, because when request will be placed to debit bank won't authorise, and the txn will get failed and no renewal with it.
I tried to add yes bank cc to sihub but after entering card no. it is giving error, "unexpected error occured".

Bank's (Sihub one) side is the safest one, because when request will be placed to debit bank won't authorise, and the txn will get failed and no renewal with it.
that is why my first post to this thread is about that... we need to remedy at the root .. then all [problems solved..
I actually cancel my e-madates as soon as my trasanction was done at the beginning only.. because if I leave at the year end or so, we may forget..
If needed we can re-enable it.. thats it..

Idhar bc card band pada hai they mfs need 5-7 working days
If i call again then close old ticket
And make new
So again 5-7 days
For every call or e-mail ticket is raised in IDFC.🤣

Usually tickets get closed as soon as call ends even though there's requirement or concern not resolved or follow-up is required. 🤡

Last edited:
There is a saying "never wrestle with pigs, because 1. you get dirty and 2. the pig likes it"
Sometimes situation demands/ compells (seems better than getting one time dirty) to wrestle in a way so that you can make sure that pig wouldn't imagine/ avoid wrestling atleast with you, again in future.

Enough is Enough! 🙃

Back