• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

10k Taj Voucher Amex Plat Redemption at The Gateway Hotel Pasumalai Madurai

vikasr94

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I recently redeemed my 10k taj voucher at the The Gateway Hotel Pasumalai Madurai which I had received along with my Amex Platinum Travel Card and want to share experience of the same.

I had trouble finding the best Taj Hotel for ~10k for a good vacation and I am creating this post to share my experience and invite others to share similar experiences of Taj Hotels so that we are aware of top Taj Hotels which are affordable via Amex Vouchers.

I reside in Bangalore and did a road trip to Rameshwaram and during the trip I stayed at the The Gateway Hotel Pasumalai Madurai.

Room Price: 9500 Including breakfast excluding GST & 11210 Including GST (As of today, I see the prices vary b/w 7 to 10k for the next 3 months)
Stay Date: June 20 to June 21, 2023
I placed order via the web and selected Standard Rates as I was planning to use the voucher, if you have an account with tatacliq.com then you can use member rates but technically you are not allowed to use Taj vouchers if you get member rates (I have read that this varies from place to place depending on the local management).
How to indicate that you will use voucher: There is a comment option while booking on the website, you can enter that you will be using the voucher and you can also mention this when you check-in and you can submit the voucher while checking out.

This was my first time in Taj and please ignore if I am sharing any obvious details. The hotel is situated in ~60 acres of land and informed security that we are checking in at the gate and it was 2km drive before we reached the main reception. As we reached the reception, we saw a peacock dancing right in front of us and we watched this for few minutes and the staff welcomed us and clicked some photos and they also informed that there were close to ~60 peacocks & peahens in the resort.

We took the welcome drink and checked-in, loved the place. We saw peacocks everywhere, chilled near the swimming pool surrounded by peacocks and later used their sports room (which was small with few indoor games, would not recommend this).

You can read more wonderful things about this place in google reviews :D , you can consider this place if you are planning to use the AMEX voucher.

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 6.24.01 PM.png

Usually Taj hotels are good. Currently am now staying for a week in Sawai Man Mahal Jaipur very beautiful place staffs are very very professional and polite. Eager to assist you. Peacocks every where roaming they come from adjacent Rambagh Palace Taj Hotel. I got this very very good price at 11k so staying for 6 nights and 7 days independent guest rooms with tour own courtyard. Food served is top notch here and Taj west end bangalore too.

Thanks for sharing...I think its hard to compare value as rates are dynamic and experience is also very different. Ex: You cannot compare a gateway hotel to a palace hotel or even to vivantas.

Having said that, I'm watching this thread as I have some 75k in taj vouchers that are sitting unused.

Edit: It was agonisingly painful to watch these videos with so much buffering like in the old 56k days. Is it just me? Youtube works fine and I have a 200mbps connection.

Thanks for sharing...I think its hard to compare value as rates are dynamic and experience is also very different. Ex: You cannot compare a gateway hotel to a palace hotel or even to vivantas.

Having said that, I'm watching this thread as I have some 75k in taj vouchers that are sitting unused.

Edit: It was agonisingly painful to watch these videos with so much buffering like in the old 56k days. Is it just me? Youtube works fine and I have a 200mbps connection.
Am not comparing Values between gateway and Palace hotels just sent so people can also use vouchers on still better ones if they dig a bit of course it depends on their day to day chores. Even I don't stay regularly in palace hotels I always keep a watch on Taj offers and I plan my backup funds to pay off CC after use. Let people experience different hotels not necessary they have to stay week or 2 days even one day is enough to get good experience.

Am sorry u had to face the pain of buffering videos. I think the TF site does not allow where I have these videos without buffer. Not sure abt buffering issue. Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts.

I'm planning for a stay in Taj Bekele resort in August.
There is an 50% offer for Tata employees during weekday stay, I'm getting good deal around 9k/day but now I'm worried after reading this thread whether I can use amex Taj vouchers.

I'm planning for a stay in Taj Bekele resort in August.
There is an 50% offer for Tata employees during weekday stay, I'm getting good deal around 9k/day but now I'm worried after reading this thread whether I can use amex Taj vouchers.
Amex Taj vouchers have to be booked on standard rates sometimes without question they will take see if their is a option where u can mention you will settle by amex vouchers else call Taj and ask if they accept. Since you say your tata employee they may consider or may not depends on your designation too.no harm in trying already you are getting 50 % offer tell them you would like to settle them on Amex coucher and see.

Amex Taj vouchers have to be booked on standard rates sometimes without question they will take see if their is a option where u can mention you will settle by amex vouchers else call Taj and ask if they accept. Since you say your tata employee they may consider or may not depends on your designation too.no harm in trying already you are getting 50 % offer tell them you would like to settle them on Amex coucher and see.

Sure, I will check with them.
Thank you

They did accepted Taj vouchers, It was a kind of loot.

Usually Taj hotels are good. Currently am now staying for a week in Sawai Man Mahal Jaipur very beautiful place staffs are very very professional and polite. Eager to assist you. Peacocks every where roaming they come from adjacent Rambagh Palace Taj Hotel. I got this very very good price at 11k so staying for 6 nights and 7 days independent guest rooms with tour own courtyard. Food served is top notch here and Taj west end bangalore too.
how you got 11k per night its showing 56k bro

I was thiking the same but do they apply share holder + voucher as well?
If you are a shareholder you get a 25% stay voucher plus 25% dining discount voucher which can be used upto 25k max 10 times only for dinning voucher. These you need to book on standard price not on member discount price. You can also pay by voucher if you have and balance by cards

If you are a shareholder you get a 25% stay voucher plus 25% dining discount voucher which can be used upto 25k max 10 times only for dinning voucher. These you need to book on standard price not on member discount price. You can also pay by voucher if you have and balance by cards
Can you please tell the stock name or ticker symbol

Back