• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

10k Taj Voucher Amex Plat Redemption at The Gateway Hotel Pasumalai Madurai

vikasr94

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I recently redeemed my 10k taj voucher at the The Gateway Hotel Pasumalai Madurai which I had received along with my Amex Platinum Travel Card and want to share experience of the same.

I had trouble finding the best Taj Hotel for ~10k for a good vacation and I am creating this post to share my experience and invite others to share similar experiences of Taj Hotels so that we are aware of top Taj Hotels which are affordable via Amex Vouchers.

I reside in Bangalore and did a road trip to Rameshwaram and during the trip I stayed at the The Gateway Hotel Pasumalai Madurai.

Room Price: 9500 Including breakfast excluding GST & 11210 Including GST (As of today, I see the prices vary b/w 7 to 10k for the next 3 months)
Stay Date: June 20 to June 21, 2023
I placed order via the web and selected Standard Rates as I was planning to use the voucher, if you have an account with tatacliq.com then you can use member rates but technically you are not allowed to use Taj vouchers if you get member rates (I have read that this varies from place to place depending on the local management).
How to indicate that you will use voucher: There is a comment option while booking on the website, you can enter that you will be using the voucher and you can also mention this when you check-in and you can submit the voucher while checking out.

This was my first time in Taj and please ignore if I am sharing any obvious details. The hotel is situated in ~60 acres of land and informed security that we are checking in at the gate and it was 2km drive before we reached the main reception. As we reached the reception, we saw a peacock dancing right in front of us and we watched this for few minutes and the staff welcomed us and clicked some photos and they also informed that there were close to ~60 peacocks & peahens in the resort.

We took the welcome drink and checked-in, loved the place. We saw peacocks everywhere, chilled near the swimming pool surrounded by peacocks and later used their sports room (which was small with few indoor games, would not recommend this).

You can read more wonderful things about this place in google reviews :D , you can consider this place if you are planning to use the AMEX voucher.

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 6.24.01 PM.png

If you are a shareholder you get a 25% stay voucher plus 25% dining discount voucher which can be used upto 25k max 10 times only for dinning voucher. These you need to book on standard price not on member discount price. You can also pay by voucher if you have and balance by cards
but as you said 11k per night you get that means its need to be even the price 20k to get 15k rate ? As i see rate around not even less than 38k crazy man:ROFLMAO: i need a luck like you finding this hotel in this price even if i have shareholder discount its not possible to get that close

If you are a shareholder you get a 25% stay voucher plus 25% dining discount voucher which can be used upto 25k max 10 times only for dinning voucher. These you need to book on standard price not on member discount price. You can also pay by voucher if you have and balance by cards
Afaik, you cannot pay hotel fees at discounted rates by vouchers sourced from amex membership rewards. Am I right?

Afaik, you cannot pay hotel fees at discounted rates by vouchers sourced from amex membership rewards. Am I right?
No I have paid by voucher. Only thing is that you need to book on standard rates not member discount price. Last year I paid through voucher when I booked the share holding voucher. I have received again this year and also have Amex 10k voucher too

No I have paid by voucher. Only thing is that you need to book on standard rates not member discount price. Last year I paid through voucher when I booked the share holding voucher. I have received again this year and also have Amex 10k voucher too
So you mean that you used shareholder voucher +amex voucher for normal price.. is this correct??? So totally how much was the discount?

So you booked at public rate, but while doing payment offered both vouchers?

So you mean that you used shareholder voucher +amex voucher for normal price.. is this correct??? So totally how much was the discount?
As a shareholder voucher one gets 25% percent discount on the price of standard rate for eg if the standard rate is 18k per night wo tax then on this 25% discount say it may come to 14k on this 14k I paid 10k amex voucher and balance I paid by card 4k

So you booked at public rate, but while doing payment offered both vouchers?
Yes on public rate 25% discount plus paid by amex voucher or if you have gift card voucher you can pay by it and any extra pay by card or cash or amex points. Points some time they accept it some don't depends on place of stay and management there.

As a shareholder voucher one gets 25% percent discount on the price of standard rate for eg if the standard rate is 18k per night wo tax then on this 25% discount say it may come to 14k on this 14k I paid 10k amex voucher and balance I paid by card 4k
If you are a shareholder you will get a coupon something like below

Exclusive e-Coupon for
25% SAVINGS
on Breakfast Inclusive
Rate for your stays at
participating Taj, Sele@tions
Vivanta, Ginger Hotels and
amã Stays & Trails
across India.
Only thing u need to book on standard rate but not on member rate.

Valid for single use for bookings
made directly for stays till 30th
June 2024. Also applicable on
spends at Spa and Salon during the
stay (not applicable at amã Stays &
Trails and Ginger Hotels). For any
queries regarding bookings, please
write to
holiday.reservations@ihcltata.

Yes on public rate 25% discount plus paid by amex voucher or if you have gift card voucher you can pay by it and any extra pay by card or cash or amex points. Points some time they accept it some don't depends on place of stay and management there.
Thanks.. That's a nifty little tip.

I'm also a shareholder with multibagger returns on IHCL.

even 1 is enough.. but shareholder discount isn't an 'always on' offer.
It's been always there & comes with post with dividends letters not sure about min. qty.
Also, some taj properties are available around 20-25% discount most time of the year on tata neu or for tata employees

PS - Was shareholder since 2011-2019 (no wealth created good for discounts & dividends)
Another tip you can't combine shareholding discount with Amex vouchers (was rejected atleast at 5properties in Maharashtra & Gujrat -data validated till 2019)

I had two Taj vouchers one given through amex and another I redeemed from std chartered. Yesterday I had stayed in Taj MG road and redeemed both 20k and paid balance 905
Reason room rate I got 9900 excluding tax with tax 11k odd and I had 25% discount taken vouchers dining I had guests from yesterday and today morning had food and beverages which added up to 20k. I had booked rate on membership rate I was surprised they redeemed it for a member rate normally it will be standard rate. This was my first visit to Taj MG road as mostly I book at Taj westend.
IN Taj MG road the brew beer themselves we they had variety so the bar guy suggested we take 90ml each one of Them as taste in that he gave one complimentary. It is called Seven Rivers restraunt established 2020

Attachments

Back