• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

2 Hard cibil enquiry in a month, how it will effect on my credit score?

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

me_sovon

TF Select
I have recently got an ICICI Credit card, on 15 July the application was submitted and a hard CIBIL enquiry was reported then.

Today totally out of curiosity I was checking IDFC credit cards offer for me, and they added a hard CIBIL enquiry. Although I didn't complete the application and cancelled it.

I know it's my fault, So I just want to know how much bad affect this my credit score?
I don't have any other enquiries, only these 2 credit card Enquiries.

Surely I keep that in mind that in future I will avoid this kind of mistake.
So please confirm anyone.

Solution
Don't worry. CIBIL hard inquiries may affect score but only temporarily. I seen my score going down 40 pts a month and then coming back to normal within 1-2 months. The worst you can do is untimely payment or miss a payment or paying in grace. If you have good payment history, it is all that matters for a good CIBIL score. Number of cards, loans don't matter but timely repayment of them matters. Till now I haven't missed any payment in 7 years for any loan or card and pray to God that it never happens. Auto-pay is on and only fund management in accounts take revisits every month. Mostly when I make use of card within few days I tfr fund to that acc. if enough not available.

Remember use credit card only upto limit for which you have...
I have recently got an ICICI Credit card, on 15 July the application was submitted and a hard CIBIL enquiry was reported then.

Today totally out of curiosity I was checking IDFC credit cards offer for me, and they added a hard CIBIL enquiry. Although I didn't complete the application and cancelled it.

I know it's my fault, So I just want to know how much bad affect this my credit score?

Share your cibil score, credit age, utilization, and no of hard enquiry in the last 2 months

I have 4 enquiries for this month alone and 11 enquiries in last six months. Don't think too much about enquiries.

Except Federal, all other card and loan applications were successful.

I was trying to get a Rupay credit card, so I thought that IDFC will give that easily on the basis of CIBIL, but they offered me the FD card.
I'm not doing anything right now so I don't have any salary slip or ITR or any other income proof. Recently I got the Amazon pay icici card with 1 lakh limit, that's why I was expecting that IDFC will approve the application but they didn't even offered me any Cards 🥲🥲🥲

Will not impact your score.Just relax

I was trying to get a Rupay credit card, so I thought that IDFC will give that easily on the basis of CIBIL, but they offered me the FD card.
I'm not doing anything right now so I don't have any salary slip or ITR or any other income proof. Recently I got the Amazon pay icici card with 1 lakh limit, that's why I was expecting that IDFC will approve the application but they didn't even offered me any Cards 🥲🥲🥲
Is your location serviceable?

IDFC is always hit or miss. If you want a Rupay only card, go for cards which are easily getting approved these days.

Is your location serviceable?

IDFC is always hit or miss. If you want a Rupay only card, go for cards which are easily getting approved these days.

I'm not sure if the location serviceable or not as I entered the 1st 4 digits it was suggesting me some pin codes and mine was there.

It was my mistake I should apply the card with my existing card details after few months. I guess then they will offer something good.

Please suggest some cards which I can apply, and yes as I told you that I don't have any income proof 😶‍🌫️🥲.

Please suggest some cards which I can apply, and yes as I told you that I don't have any income proof 😶‍🌫️🥲.
Jupiter CSB Rupay
Yes Kiwi
HDFC Tata neu

These are some good cards. The first and second are getting approved without income proof. Apply Tata Neu only if you have an existing HDFC core card.
Also, check in imobile app or net banking for preapproved Coral offer.

My suggestion would be to go for Jupiter. It's a good LTF card.

Let me know if you need my referral.

Jupiter CSB Rupay
Yes Kiwi
HDFC Tata neu

These are some good cards. The first and second are getting approved without income proof. Apply Tata Neu only if you have an existing HDFC core card.
Also, check in imobile app or net banking for preapproved Coral offer.

My suggestion would be to go for Jupiter. It's a good LTF card.

Let me know if you need my referral.
No I don't have any HDFC core credit card, I think I should wait for pre approved offer from ICICI.

How much time it takes to get pre approved offer from ICICI after getting the Amazon Pay ICICI credit card?

Don't worry. CIBIL hard inquiries may affect score but only temporarily. I seen my score going down 40 pts a month and then coming back to normal within 1-2 months. The worst you can do is untimely payment or miss a payment or paying in grace. If you have good payment history, it is all that matters for a good CIBIL score. Number of cards, loans don't matter but timely repayment of them matters. Till now I haven't missed any payment in 7 years for any loan or card and pray to God that it never happens. Auto-pay is on and only fund management in accounts take revisits every month. Mostly when I make use of card within few days I tfr fund to that acc. if enough not available.

Remember use credit card only upto limit for which you have enough balance in bank to pay back. never trust the future payment that will come to your account or even repayments by friends ki agle 10 din mein dost de dega fir manage ho jayega. The money you used in CC should not be touched in bank account. never leverage too. Also never move into CC Money rotation.

Solution
You can download IDFC app and try to apply through that. When initially I tried through their website, it always showed me their Wow card. I thought it was probably due to location issue. But next time after going through posts here, I tried through mobile app and it showed IDFC Wealth card. Got it approved in a Jiffy too...

Remember use credit card only upto limit for which you have enough balance in bank to pay back. never trust the future payment that will come to your account or even repayments by friends ki agle 10 din mein dost de dega fir manage ho jayega. The money you used in CC should not be touched in bank account. never leverage too. Also never move into CC Money rotation.
I have never missed any payment, although I don't have any high limit credit cards till last month, I was using Amazon pay later & 2k FD one card. But never missed any payment, even I maximum time I paid the amount before billing date because I always take credit cards in a way that now it's an emergency situation and I have to pay this time but I'm sure that the money will come in next few days or if there is some offers, in that case I pay through credit card and after that I instantly pay the bill.

This month I got the Amazon pay icici credit card with a good limit I guess, 1 lakh, so I will use this properly.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Last edited:
You can download IDFC app and try to apply through that. When initially I tried through their website, it always showed me their Wow card. I thought it was probably due to location issue. But next time after going through posts here, I tried through mobile app and it showed IDFC Wealth card. Got it approved in a Jiffy too...
But I have cancelled the application, as I don't want any FD card, so is there any possibility that they will offer any pre-approved card in future, they already have my kyc as previously I have opted the Flipkart pay later.

Kindly guide me.

But I have cancelled the application, as I don't want any FD card, so is there any possibility that they will offer any pre-approved card in future, they already have my kyc as previously I have opted the Flipkart pay later.

Kindly guide me.
I also did not proceed when they showed me the Secured card. If you cancelled the previous application, then technically you can apply through app afresh.
However, in my case, I waited for 1 month and then checked.

I have never missed any payment, although I don't have any high limit credit cards till last month, I was using Amazon pay later & 2k FD one card. But never missed any payment, even I maximum time I paid the amount before billing date because I always take credit cards in a way that now it's an emergency situation and I have to pay this time but I'm sure that the money will come in next few days or if there is some offers, in that case I pay through credit card and after that I instantly pay the bill.

This month I got the Amazon pay icici credit card with a good limit I guess, 1 lakh, so I will use this properly. I'm unemployed and studying for competitive exams so I always try to spend only if needed so that I don't have to bother my father for repayments.

I hope i will secure a job very soon, but I will continue this habit of using credit cards.

Thank you for your suggestion.
Very good. It's always give me happiness seeing a responsible youth and citizen. I pray, in future you get a good job and fulfill your dreams. All the best. :crossed-fingers:

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Back